five °

"jaemin?" hyejin mumbled, still quite unsure if she was seeing things clearly

it was an understatement that jaemin was the heartthrob of their school, everyone, including both boys and girls had their eyes on him. the smiley, innocent pair of dark brown eyes that twinkled every time he smiled, straight and well-formed nose that seemed almost perfect on his face, and sweet cherry lips that were kissable and soft. all this were enough to make anyone fancy him, not to mention that his selfless and loving self was an extra boost to it.

jaemin waved enthusiastically, while a dumbfounded hyejin stood in her seat, blankly waving back at the boy. "no way, is that na jaemin?" minji, who was standing beside hyejin whispered in disbelief.

"finally found you! you have no idea how hard it was to know what class you're in!" jaemin jogged up to hyejin, while students in the classroom gasped at jaemin's presence. "i wanted to ask shotaro which class you were in, but he left the second class ended. i also asked boring jeno but he refused to tell me," the brunette sighed, sounding dramatically sad. "i ended up asking many other people to know which class you were in, thank god this nice blonde guy told me which class you were in!"

"nice blonde guy?" "yeah, not very tall but pretty cool person i'd say," hyejin thought for a second before realising who it might have been. "anyways, i came to find you because i thought it'd be nice for us to meet in real life after chatting online!" jaemin cheerfully exclaimed, eyes forming crescents as he smiled at hyejin.

"snack bar?" jaemin's arm gestured to the direction of where the snack bar was at. "my treat, of course," hyejin nodded and the two walked out of the lively classroom. "i can pay for my own food, so it's alright, you don't have to treat me," hyejin replied as she continued to walk down the hallway that was filled with students. "as a gentleman, i'll treat you," jaemin's arm slung around hyejin's shoulder as he spoke, looking straight into hyejin's eyes and winked.

"hey you can't just flirt like that!" hyejin exclaimed, looking away from jaemin. the boy's smile turned into a goofy one as he saw hyejin's face turn into a shade of pink. he knew what exactly the girl was feeling, she was having the feeling of having butterflies in her stomach, a way that a person would feel when they begin to fall for someone.

after a short walk to the snack bar, the two had arrived. "i don't feel that hungry since i had breakfast this morning, so i'll just get strawberry milk," hyejin said to jaemin, who scrunched his nose up in disgust after hearing her. "strawberry milk is overrated!"

hyejin, as a strawberry milk lover, gasped at jaemin's words. "how can you hate strawberry milk? they taste like the best thing in the world!" "anything with artificial strawberry flavouring is a big no from me," jaemin shook his head, as if to show disapproval to hyejin's love for strawberry milk.

"that's a pity, there are so much good food out there that have artificial strawberry flavouring in them." hyejin sighed dramatically. jaemin shrugged nonchalantly as he walked up to the cashier with both his and hyejin's snacks.

 jaemin shrugged nonchalantly as he walked up to the cashier with both his and hyejin's snacks

"here," jaemin handed hyejin's carton of strawberry milk. the two were now in the school's garden, which was filled with a wide variety of flowers. "i would've never imagined to be talking to you on the app, very honestly speaking," hyejin confessed, "you're like what, one of the most popular students in our school,"

"guess what you did talk to the na jaemin," jaemin jokingly replied. "but weren't you able to realise that it was me? my user is literally just jaemin,"

"well there are more than one jaemin in the world," hyejin stated matter of factly, which jaemin had agreed with by nodding. "you still haven't replied to my question hyejin," jaemin grinned, as the girl began to show signs of panicking.

"what question?"

"you know what question i'm talking about," jaemin replied with a smirk. "make a wish app, you left me on read,"

"shotaro told me to prepare dinner with him, that's why i left you on read," hyejin replied with a nervous giggle. "well you can reply me now, what did you mean by again?"

"hey there!" shotaro appeared out of nowhere, calling out to hyejin joyfully. hyejin's eyes lit up as she breathed a sigh of relief. "jaemin look shotaro needs me again! i better go now!"

"but—"

shotaro's voice trailed off as hyejin's hand had completely covered his mouth, grabbing his hand and running down the hallway away from jaemin. jaemin found it confusing, but chuckled at the reaction of hyejin to his question.

"next time i ask you the same question, you aren't escaping from me that easily."

hi everyone! sorry for not updating in a while, hope you guys enjoyed this chapter :D