♡ 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫 ♡

𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐟𝐫𝐨𝐦 𝐦𝐨𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐫
2.8

It was Tuesday afternoon at Karasuno when she called. At first, the minute (Y/N) recognized the caller ID, she had planned on flat out ignoring it, resuming to focusing on the match in front of her (which she hadn't participated in due to already being worn out after playing with Shiratorizawa). But, much to her dismay, a text popped up on her screen. A threat. 

Her mother knew she had been ignoring her, not that (Y/N) was being particularly furtive about avoiding the older woman. But the single notification that said something along the lines of 'pick up or else' (with the addition of a few colourful words) was enough evidence to prove that she wasn't pleased.

Almost immediately, the Ukai felt her heart in her throat, swallowing as she head outside. The noise of the volleyball bouncing around drowned out from behind her, instead replaced with the soft humming of cicadas, the summer heat wrapping around her. Shakily, she pressed the green button, both the nervousness and the sun that beat down on her creating beads of sweat on the back of her neck.

"Hello-" (Y/N) started, struggling to keep her voice in check. 

"What the hell have you been doing, (Y/N)?" The shrill, pompous voice of her mother blasted out, making the Ukai immediately flinch as she sat on the grass, focusing on the verdant green blades below her rather than her mother's words, "I knew it was a bad idea to send you over there. Especially with that godforsaken father of yours,"

"Mom-"

"I did not send you over there to slack off!"

"I'm not-"

"Don't lie to me, (Y/N). Do you think I don't know that you've been playing volleyball again? Or that you're not doing your absolute best at that business course? What about your summer homework?" 

(Y/N) felt her grip on the ground below her tighten, hands trembling like crazy as the green plants trapped between her fingers started tugging upwards.

She had managed to go so long without a word from the suffocating presence of her mother, not thinking too much about having to return after July. She had managed to have fun for once, but here she was, her eyes blurring quickly as the words trickled into her ears, tainting her mind.

"It's not-" Her voice cracked.

"It's not what? Don't forget that you have a test at the end of the program, and I expect good results," (M/N) rambled on.