Chapter Fourteen

(I won't lie I feel very confident about how good this story is. Right? I'm not the only one think that am I?)

"You see. I don't think there's a need for those who don't understand their own roles to live. How about you? What's your role? Your role is to hand your little sister to me, then disappear. If you can't understand that, you have to die. You can't defeat me." Rui said.

'I can't cut the strings anymore. Now that my blade is broken, it's goimg to be harder to cut his neck than the strings.'

"What a spiteful flame in your eyes. How foolish. Could it be..."

"So you plan on winning!!" Strings wrapped around Nezuko. Rui pulled her in to his arms. "So, now I've taken her. Do you now understand your role in this?" Rui asked. "Give her back!!" Tanjiro yelled. "And I told you I'd spare your life if you didn't oppose me." Nezuko growled, her nails sliced through Rui's face.
Strings came out of no where, picking up Nezuko high in the air. Strings wrapped around her arms and legs and even her neck, blood covered her legs and arms and neck were bleeding.

"Nezuko!!" Tanjiro cried out. Nezuko struggled hoping to loosen the strings.

"Shut up. She won't die from something like this, she's a demon. But I really have to teach her a lesson here. I'll let her lose some blood for a while. And yet if things aren't gonna play out so simply, I'll keep this up until sunrise." Rui said.

Nezuko was knocked unconscious when the strings tightened around her.

Tanjiro used his broken sword. 'Full Focus Breath of Water, Tenth Style: The Dragon of Change!!'

Rui attacked him with more strings, only this time Tanjiro sliced through the strings.

'I cut it!! If I can close the distance, I can win!'

"Say. Did you think that was as strong as my strings could get?" Rui asked the male.

"Blood Demon Art: Cruel String Prison." Webs surrounded Tanjiro. "Enough of you. Farewell." Rui said

Fire came from Tanjiro's sword. 'Dance of the Fire God Waltz!!' The strings were cut. Tanjiro grew closer to the demon. 'I have to protect Nezuko!'

Nezuko woke up to find her brother fighting with Rui. 'Blood Demon Art: Explosion Blood!!' The strings caught fire. Shocking Rui. The string were burned off of Tanjiro and Nezuko. Tanjiro's blade sliced through Rui's neck. "Nobody can ever sever my bonds with Nezuko!!"

Rui's head fell to the ground. Tanjiro lied on the ground, panting. The poor male was exhausted from all the fighting. Rui's body slowly stood up. Tanjiro's eyes widen as Rui's head was reattached by strings. "You thought you could defeat me. You sad fool. Were you happy in your delusions? I cut my own head off wity my own strings way before you could cut my head off." Rui said.

"Enough of this. I'll kill you and your sister. It's been a while since I've been this pissed off." Tanjiro was screaming at himself to stand up immediately. "How sad. This really is sad. I got this mad sometime before, but it's been so long I don't remember it. Why aren't you burned in the first place? My strings and I got burned. I don't know if it's your sister's power or not, but thanks for making me really mad." Rui said.

"I'm gonna cut my ties with you guys without any sense of regret."

'Blood Demon Art: Cage of Murdering Eyes.'

Webs surrounded Tanjiro again. Tanjiro couldn't move.

*Rattle. Rattle.*

*Rattle.*

Tanjiro looked up, listen closely to the rattles of chains.

A chained sword shot out of the forest and towards Rui's direction. Rui stopped what he was doing and turned his head. 'That's Mono's sword!! She's close by!' Tanjiro thought. Rui sliced the sword and chains, destroying them as the tried to reach him. Blue tinted crystals formed a chain, fixing the part that Rui destroyed. 'Was that Mono?' Tanjiro questioned himself. While Rui was distracted a man cut the webs, saving Tanjiro from his death.
Rui tried slicing the chains again. But his webs snapped on impact. Rui's eyes widen, the crystal chains wrapped around him, squeezing him tight. The chains swiftly brought him back into the forest, taking him away from Nezuko, Tanjiro and the unknown male.

************

Rui was dropped to the ground. The crystal chains were dragged back in to the darkness of the forest. Rui looked around for the person who ruined his chances of killing the demon girl and her brother. It was quiet, Rui could only hear the faint sounds of chains rattling. He looked around, searching for the person. There was no one in sight, he couldn't smell their scent. It pissed him off even more.

*Snap*

His eyes darted to the direction of the sound. He could see something shining in the distance. 'Blood Demon Art : Wheel of Chopping Threads.'
The webs all snapped when they hit the shiney object. The object stepped closer to Rui. It was a crystal figure. It's body was covered head to to in blue crystals. The figure was more of a girl stature to it.

"What's your name?" The voice asked. The voice was so soothing it was difficult not to answer. "R-Rui." The demon said. "Was there a reason why you created a family?" The girl asked. "I wanted a family bond." He said.

"Why is that?" Mono asked the boy.

"I feel like it had something to do with my past. I think my family would take care of me like a family should have." He said to the girl.

"Rui-san, did you want a real family connection? Did you want that feeling again? Is that why you hurt them? You scared them into acting like a real family." Rui nodded.
Mono sat down on the ground, patting the spot next to her. Rui sat down beside her. "Rui-san, how do you picture a perfect family?"

"The father would have the role of a father."

"And what does that mean?"

"He would be the one to hunt and protect the family. The mother would take care of the children and make sure they're healthy and strong." Rui said.

"What about the siblings?"

"The older siblings would protect the younger ones."

"I wish that's how it worked. Rui-san, families aren't going to be perfect, in fact none of them are. Every family, has their ups and downs. Every family makes mistakes, but the best part about those mistakes is that they learn from them." Rui stared at the girl. "Rui would you like to come with me?"

Rui nodded his head, Rui hugged the girl, tears running down his cheeks. "Before I take you with me you have to make a promise with me, and must never ever break this promise."

Rui nodded his head. "Promise me that you will help me protect people and to never eat another person. I will do everything in my power to help you."

Mono walked up to the boy. "If you come with me you'll be my helper okay. We'll protect people together and we'll hopefully turn demons back to humans." Rui had a small smile on his face.

"Rui-san, I'll make sure no one hurts you, okay? You can trust me."

"Can you make it a promise?" Rui asked.

"I promise to protect you, Rui-san. And when I make a promise, I won't ever break it." Mono took Rui's kimono off and wrapped it around him. Mono created a crystal muzzle for the male. "Sorry for putting this on you, but it's more so to ensure everyone's safety." Rui could actually shrink down into a more toddler like form. Mono picked up the male and carried him.

************************ Taisho Secret *************************

Mono : "Time for a Taisho Secret."

Mono: "When the Setsuna's meet a demon why try to understand the reason of why they may have become the way they are."

(We have caught a wild Rui everyone! I think I did okay with that, right?)