𝟓𝟖 - 𝐌𝐲 𝐄𝐯𝐞𝐫𝐲𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐠

"You threw up on her!?" Anakin panted.

"I mean, it's not like she didn't deserve it!" I yelped back.

Anakin, Obi-Wan and I dashed out of the palace, our legs carrying us quicker than our minds could process the events that were unfolding.

Let's just say Queen Celestina wasn't too happy with having my vomit thrown at her and after a second of pure horror, it was clear perhaps we had overstayed our welcome at the palace.

I had frantically dashed out of her quarters before her claws could get to me, heaving Anakin out of his room in a flurry and finding Obi-Wan just in time with the newly retrieved empire files.

Now, we fled down the stone steps we had so confidently marched up only a day ago.

"At least we've got what we need!" I exclaimed, attempting to find the silver-lining in all this.

"Yes, but it seems we've got company!" Obi-Wan warned as he looked back.

Now behind us, appeared a platoon of the Queen's personal, highly trained guards. Freshly manufactured, top-of-the-line weapons consisting of blasters, canons, axes and spears poised over their shoulders.

Our ship just came into view about two hundred metres away, our only flash of hope as the first shots at our heads were fired.

My heels had been thrown off a long time ago and now I held up my dirty, wine and vomit decorated dress off the floor as we continued towards the ship, dodging blast after blast.

"Get in front of me!" Anakin's hand moved to my back, boosting me forward a little so that he could stay behind me like a human shield.

"No, Anakin, I don't want you getting hurt protecting me!" I retaliated, attempting to pull him forward back to mine and Obi-Wan's pace, but he refused "why are you-"

"Just stay in front of me and don't get shot" he demanded.

And so, we continued speeding towards the ship. I glanced behind for a second and saw that past the guards, at the top of the palace entrance staircase stood the enraged figure of Celestina, her screams and barks still reaching my ears from hundreds of metres away.

Wow. I had come across many a bitch in my time but Queen Celestine, she...she was something else.

Before I knew it, we were piled into the ship, the platform rising and slamming shut just before the vile guards and there deadly shots could make it inside.

The three of us lay on our stomachs, panting, chests heaving as we all tried retrieving the air back into our lungs.

After a few seconds, Obi-Wan and snapped back into action, rushing to the cockpit to get us the hell of this planet as the sound of cannons reverberated off from the outside of the ship.

I however, stayed splayed on the floor, utterly beside myself with breathlessness, so lightheaded that I could see pretty stars twinkling on my eyelids as I blinked.

It was only after another ten minutes, once we were up and back in the comfort of space that I finally pulled myself off the floor and stumbled over to the cockpit.

"You okay honey?" Anakin asked, noticing my uneasiness, pulling me forward to him and wrapping his hand round my waist to stable me.

"Yeah, I guess this is just the universes way of telling me how unfit I am" I laughed it off "anyway, I stink of wine and...other not so nice liquids so I'm going to get changed" I decided, heading off to the small quarters onboard the ship, containing all the essentials.