15.

"I WILL BE HAPPY

"I WILL BE HAPPY..."

--¤☆¤--

Laying on my back, Johanna sprawls herself on top of me with Katniss sitting awkwardly on the chair; staring at the two of us, like we were insane. We had been relaxing in me and Finnick's room, or as of right now just my room, for an hour. Johanna had been talking about all of the weird shit she had seen when high, while me and Katniss nodded our heads at the rambling.

"If you were to tell your younger self anything. What would you tell yourself?" She asks, making the both of us look up.

"I don't know⎯at least not right now. What about you, Athena?" Katniss asks, turning to look at me as she takes a sip of water.

"About how there is hope. Not just in Snow getting what he deserves, but with Finnick and me. I mean if you told me when I was eighteen, that I would marry Finnick. I would have told you to go back to bed." I said, as Johanna stares up at the ceiling.

"Being honest here⎯and here me out. What the fuck do you see in Finnick?" She ask's, making Katniss spit out her water.

"Jesus, Johanna!" Katniss coughs out, making Johanna cackle.

Putting her cup down on the table next to her, she pats her chest as she tries to put the water stuck in her throat. Laughing at Katniss, she gives me a glare as her face starts to flush a bright red. Fanning my face to cool myself down, my laughing slowly turns to small giggles. Her face was still a bright red, and the look in her eyes only made me giggle to myself even more.

"What?! It's a serious question! I mean the dude drools in his sleep! Not to mention, He had a habit of putting his life on the line for people!" Johanna said, making me crinkle my nose in disgust.

"The drooling part is a lie, J! Finnick, sleep talks. Man, if you could hear the things that I've heard! Like three nights ago, he was talking about not wanting to give his seashells to a dolphin! I pity, Peeta!" I said, bursting out into giggles at the memory.

"Oh god! What else does he say?" Johanna asks, as Katniss fails to hold back her laughs.

"Oh! One the first night that I was here, he kept on talking about not wanting to wear a pink tutu! I tried so hard not to laugh! I mean can you imagine it? Finnick dancing around in a pink little tutu?!" I said, laughing hard; Katniss joining in with me.

"Tutu? I better start calling him, twinkle toes!" Johanna cackles, as Katniss and I gasp for breath.

Wiping away the tears, I take a few deep breaths to calm down the aching in my stomach from laughing so hard. It had been so long since I had laughed this much. Rolling over to my side, I look under the bed to find an old record player. I remember my mother having one back at District Eleven. Pulling out the small record player from under the bed, I found a small record already on so all I had to do was turn it on.

"What's that?" Johanna asks, looking at the record player.

"It's a record player. People had these before the First Rebellion. It's supposed to play music. My Mom used to have one at our old house. She would play 'Hymne a L'amour' by Edith Piaf. It was the only song she had, but still." I explain, fidgeting with the small buttons.

"Music? How?" Katniss asks, as the sound of the record starts to play.

"I put this record on it⎯and⎯there!" I said, as the beating of drums started.

As if on cue, the faint sounds of the song starts to play; it was called 'I Think We're Alone Now' by Tiffany. Laughing at the look of awe on Katniss's face, she starts to drum her fingers against her thigh to the beat of the song.

'Children behave, that's what they say when we're together..And watch how you play, They don't understand..And so we're..Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands..'

Humming along to the song, I stand up from the floor and start to dance to the song. Shaking my hips and head to the beat, I try to lose myself in the music. Looking over at Johanna, she moves her head to song; but is still laying down on the floor, not bothering to get up.

'Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me, And we tumble to the ground and then you say..I think we're alone now, There doesn't seem to be anyone around..'

"Damn. If only you weren't in love with, twinkle toes." She sighs, making me shake my head at the nickname.

'There doesn't seem to be anyone around..I think we're alone now, The beating of our hearts is the only sound..'Look at the way we gotta hide what we're doin', 'Cause what would they say..'

Rolling my eyes, I started to sway my head to the beat of the song; getting myself lost in the music. Looking over at Katniss, she was still sitting on the chair; but was now tapping her head to the beat. A faint smile was on her face, as she looked at me twirling around to the music.

'If they ever knew, And so we're..Running just as fast as we can, holding on to one another hands, Trying to get away into the night and then you put your arms around me..'

Grabbing Katniss's hand, I twirl her around as she awkwardly tries to dance with me; but she was too stiff. I could see the uneasiness in her eyes as she stiffly moved her body. Giving her a reassuring look, she slowly starts to relax; but still has the lingering stiffness there. It wasn't perfect, but it was a start.

'And we tumble to the ground and then you say..I think we're alone now, There doesn't seem to be anyone around..I think we're alone now, The beating of our hearts is the only sound..'

"Have you seen your dress yet?" Katniss asks, relaxing on the bed.

The music starts to fade in the background, making the room more cozy at the sound of the drums. Sitting on the ground again, Johanna recess out and grabs my arm pulling me closer to her. Tugging on my arm, I lay down next to her as she comfortably hums the song under her breath.

'I think we're alone now, There doesn't seem to be anyone around..I think we're alone now, The beating of our hearts is the only sound..'

"Nope, Effie said that she needs to fix a few things. I'm being left out of the dark." I said, shuttering at the thought of Effie styling a Capitol themed wedding dress on her own.

"Well⎯It can't be worse than what I wore." She said, making me smile at the mention of her horrendous wedding gown parade.

"You had Cinna to save you. I have Effie Trinket, dangling the fate of my wedding over my head." I said, as Johanna cleared her throat; making me look over at her.

"Yeah⎯I can't believe you're getting married. It feels so⎯" Katniss said, but was cut in by Johanna.

"It sounds so weird, right? I mean⎯like I can't believe that tomorrow you're no longer gonna be, Athena Grey. It's going to be, Athena Odair." Johanna said, as I left my head onto her shoulder; thinking about tomorrow.

+++++

And I am done with the chapter! Stay safe out there guys!

I hope you all are doing okay emotionally and physically in quarantine! I love you all!

I hope that you are enjoying the book so far! A quick reminder to comment below about the story of what you think so far!