Chapter Seventeen

Before Oyakata could say something to the group of Hashiras, Shinazugawa beat him to it. "So what if they kill themselves! So what if they "Understand" demons! They still brought them here and a Twelve Kizuki none the less. If they want to die, they can just die and rot away. There is no guarantee in all this." Shinazugawa said. "Shinazugawa is correct! If they kill someone nothing can be undone!! The people who were killed will never come back!" Rengoku said.

"That is very true. We don't know if Nezuko will kill someone, and we don't know if Rui will stop killing. But you can't prove they will hurt people either." Shinazugawa was shock at what his master had said.
"The truth is that Nezuko has been living without eating people for more than two years. And because of her, two people are putting their lives on the line. And we aren't sure for Rui at the moment. But the deniers have to present something more than what is here." Oyakata said, holding the paper.

"Beside, Tanjiro and Mono have come into contact with Kibutsuji." Oyakata added. The Hashiras were shocked. Rengoku and Tokito stared at the girl asking if they fought him or asking what he looked like. Mono kept silent, she refused to talk to the Hashiras. Uzui knocked over Kanroji, asking about Muzan's abilities. Tomioka helped her back up. Oyakata silenced them, by placing a finger over his lips.

"You see, Kibutsuji has come after Tanjiro and Mono. They shook their pursuer loose. The reason for this may simply be just to close some loose ends, but for the first time, I don't want to let go of that tail that Kibutsuji has showed us. This is probably for Nezuko as well. I believe something unexpected has happened for Kibutsuji. Do you understand?" Oyakata asked.

"I do not understand, Oyakata-sama. We can let humans live, but demons must not. I cannot consent." Shinazugawa took out his sword and sliced a large cut into his arm.

Marechi. Extremely rare blood that intoxicates and disrupts cognitive fuctions.

Underneath the spider web pattern kimono was the spider demon, Rui. He was in a smaller form he could feel the heat from the sun. The young male covered his nose, trying to block out the smell as much as he could. 'Control yourself. Don't let it get to you.'

"Oyakata-sama! I will present to you the ugliness of what we call demons!" Shinazugawa yelled.

"Sanemi..." Oyakata said disappointed.

"Hey demons! It's time to eat! Sink your teeth in this!" Shinazugawa said. His arm was above Nezuko's box, blood spilling from his arm. Mono kept her eyes on Rui. "Come on, Rui-san. Please control yourself." Mono muttered to herself.

"Shinazugawa, you can't do it in the sunlight. The demons won't come out unless you go to the shade." Iguro said.

"Oyakata-sama forgive my rudeness." Shinazugawa said. In a swift motion Nezuko's box and Rui were now in the shaded area of the engawa.

"Nezuko!!" Tanjiro cried out.

"Makero-san." Mono started, looking up at the crow. "My bag, my swords in my bag, go get my sword for me please."

"Won't the chain be too heavy for me? And why do you need your sword? What are you going to do?" Makero asked worried. "My sword isn't that heavy at all, I promise. Just bring it to me, I'm worried about what gramps is gonna do to Nezuko-san and Rui-san." Makero flew over to the bag, Mono's things were scattered across the ground. Makero picked up the chain with her talons, dragging it along the ground. 'She's right it's not heavy at all.'

Iguro slammed his elbow down on Tanjiro's back, knocking the wind out of him. Rengoku had a firm hold on Mono, making sure she doesn't do anything. Shinazugawa stabbed Nezuko's box a couple more times, he opened the door on the box. Shinazugawa then threw the kimono off of Rui, exposing him to the other Hashiras. His hand still covered his nose, trying his best to block out the scent. The two demons glared at the white haired male.