16.

"TO BE, ATHENA ODAIR

"TO BE, ATHENA ODAIR..."

--¤☆¤--

Sitting on the bed, I lounge around as I wait for Effie to come to the room and help me get ready. I had eaten a small bowl of soup and cracker's an hour ago, and had stuck to drinking cups of water for now. I was well fed and clean, just like Effie ordered me to be; so that I was fresh and bare, ready for her makeover. Brushing my hair, I hum as old lullaby as I untangle all of the knots in my hair; when I hear a knock at the door.

"It's a big big big day! Come Katniss, Johanna! Carrie, Thalia be careful with the dress will you?!" Effie shouted, entering my room.

Turning to the door, I found the girls dragging themselves in with scowls on their faces as Effie paraded herself around the room. Their hair had been styled much to their displeasure, which I was sure that Johanna was happy to have her head shaved; saving her the struggle that there would be with Effie. They had small specks of glitter and natural color's painted across their eyes, showing off their natural beauty.

"I see that Effie got to the four of you." I said, giggling at the small amounts of make-up applied to the girl's faces.

"I have never been more grateful for not having hair." Johanna said, plopping herself down on the floor.

"I would have been fine without the make-up. But I mean the struggle that came from Carrie. Like, I never knew that Carrie's hair could be such a bitch." Thalia said, placing the dress onto the hook behind the door.

"My hair was not meant to be braided! It's meant to be flowing free curls!" Carrie argues, putting down the veil and heels on the floor.

"NOT THE VEIL!" Effie shouts, picking up the veil from the floor.

"Jesus, Effie! Why don't you damage my other ear." Katniss jokes, making me snicker at the death glare Effie sends her.

"This was gifted to us from Denise from Room 918! It was her Great Grandmother's! Everything Athena will be wearing for the most part, has a story and meaning to it! You have to treat them with respect!" Effie lectures, making Johanna roll her eyes.

"Can me and Thalia go? We gotta make sure that the food and Finnick is ready." Carrie asks, as she and Thalia scoot themselves closer and closer to the door; and out of the 5'4" wrath that is Effie.

"Fine! But you two, Katniss and Johanna are going to help me! Now, someone get me some lotion and strength not to strangle you all!" Effie said, waving the younger girls out.

Watching as they leave, Katniss and Johanna give them longing looks; as the door shuts behind them. Using my hand to hold back my laugh, I watch as Effie starts to rummage through some drawers; until she pulls out a bottle of rose scented lotion. 

"So....what are we gonna do first?" Katniss asks, rocking on the back of her heels awkwardly.

Holding it up in victory, she pops open the cap and takes a whiff of it; she was quite literally smelling the roses. Huffing at what Katniss said, I could see Effie's eye narrow and fill with annoyance. It was going to be a long day.