~48~

"So same time tomorrow?" Felix asked as Brighid quickly put her clothes on which were scattered all over her bedroom of the beach house.

"No tomorrow's the club opening. Which I am going to since Peyton is my best friend and no I won't miss it" Brighid answered pointing her finger at Felix who was about to open his mouth.

"Fine. I'll see you tomorrow" Felix said buckling his jeans. He walked out of her room and out the front door.

Brighid looked around making sure everything was in place in case one of her parents stopped by. She grabbed her car keys off the kitchen counter when the phone rang. She ignored it and looked around for her wallet when the answering machine caught her attention.

"Dan Scott. This is the doctor office calling back with your stress test results. Everything looks great. Call back to schedule therapy sessions" the answering machine clicked off. She continued looking for her things after she stopped to listen to the message.

Brighid found her wallet and she sprinted out of the beach house.

Later that day she pulled back into the driveway of her home to find her mom home. She walked in through the kitchen.

"Hi" she said dropping her stuff on the counter.

"Hey honey. Before your dad gets home we have a few things to talk about. His results came back and they weren't good so he'll be staying a little longer. Also I'll be helping at Tric tomorrow just a forewarning" Deb said.

"Mom, did dad tell you that?" Brighid asked.

"Honey, I'm home" Dan called out as he walked into the front door. Deb immediately went to help Dan and Brighid knew now was not the time to bring up the answering machine message at the beach house.
———
Brighid walked out of the parking lot and to the front of the building to see a massive line.

She climbed the stairs and walked into find Peyton looking nervous.

"Hey" Brighid greeted.

"I'm nervous. What if I didn't put up enough flyers?" Peyton asked practically freaking out.

"I don't think you have to worry about that" Lucas said opening the door. Peyton peeked her head out o see the massive crowd that had gathered. Haley, however, was looking stressed out.

The all ages club was packed and everything was running smooth. Brighid, however, had a weird feeling about her dad lying to her mom so she figured it was best to ask Karen for advice.

"Karen?" Brighid asked as she stood behind the bar.

"Brighid. Hey, can I help you?"

"I had a question about my mom and-"

"If this is about your mom sleeping with Keith, I can't help you" she explained wiping down the counter top. Brighid stood their appalled at what Karen had said.

"I-um- I have to go" Brighid muttered running through the club and down the stairs outside. She sat down on the sidewalk trying to hold back tears.

"Brighid?" A voice asked. She looked up to find Jake standing awkwardly in front of her with his hands in his pockets.

"Oh hey" she responded quickly wiping the tears. Jake sat down on the concrete sidewalk next to her.

"You okay?" Jake asked.

"Not really. My mom apparently slept with my uncle. My dad is back to lying and I think I fucked up royally with you" Brighid cried laughing at the last part.

"Look I was an ass. I know how crazy your parents are and stuff" Jake said rubbing her back. Brighid smiled.

"You want to get out of here?" Jake asked. Brighid shook her head yes. Felix who was in the shadows watched as Brighid left with Jake.