💀 C𝖍𝖆𝖕𝖙𝖊𝖗 5: I𝖙 𝕭𝖊𝖌𝖎𝖓𝖘 💀

Art by sizucla_kairi on twitter

No Calli in this chapter sadly, but there will be plenty of her in the next chapter

It was official, you hated your life.

You were currently standing in the courtyard, dressed in your 'best' clothes with Alabaster standing tall next to you. Your parents were standing a little way in front of you with their familiars next to them. Juggernaut's ears were constantly swivelling, listening for any small sounds. Meanwhile, Eeni, Lucci and Enix were snarling and growling at anyone who got too close. It was safe to say that none of the familiars were happy with this arranged marriage.

"I'm really starting to consider running away with Calli right about now" You whispered to Alabaster. The griffin made a noise between a laugh and a scoff.

"Just don't leave me behind. I heard his familiar has a major attitude" You gently pet the side of her head, a way to reassure her you would never leave her.

The sound of fluttering shook you from your thoughts, and you turned to see who you assumed was Prince Viktor landing on a well groomed hippogriff. The creature in question was a fade from white to black, with the eagle half being white and the horse half being black.

Viktor had a smug look that you either wanted to punch clean off of his face, or have Calli scythe it off him. As soon as his gaze landed on you, that smirk increased tenfold. He swept his platinum hair out of his face, as if he were trying to show off. In response, you just leaned against Alabaster and casually checked your nails, flicking imaginary dirt from under them.

Before you could comprehend anything, Viktor was up in your face and grabbed the hand you were looking at. He was about to lean in and kiss it but Alabaster leaned forward and snapped at him. His hippogriff turned to Alabaster to snap at her, but she puffed herself up and stood at her full height, which was almost double their own causing them to back down. During all of this, Viktor's smile had shrunk, but was still present.

"Your griffin, he is quite large, no?" He turned to look at you. Alabaster made an offended noise and she stood behind you protectively.

"She" Viktor looked confused.

"Alabaster is a she" To drive home your point, Alabaster glared at Viktor and drew her claws along the stone. Viktor raised his eyebrow but didn't say anything.

"And this must be (Y/N)" You all turned to see Viktor's parents walking towards you. You could practically feel the anger and resentment radiating off of Alabaster as she scooched a little closer to you.

They didn't say anything else to you and simply continued to talk to your parents, who seemed extremely happy about the whole arrangement.

You absentmindedly reached your hand up to gently pet Alabaster as she stood in between you and Viktor. Who had just, unbeknownst to you, tried to lean in and give you a kiss on the cheek. The prince had now resided to just silently sulk while Alabaster remained your cock-blocking bodyguard.

"(Y/N)! Why don't you show Viktor around? I'm sure you would love to get to know each other" Your mother called out while Juggernaut gave you a sympathetic look. You honestly wished you had just let Calli scythe you yesterday so you could avoid this situation entirely. Meanwhile Viktor looked as happy as one person could be. He reached over and gave his hippogriff a gently pat on his flank, meaning he could stay with his parents.

"I want Whiteout to be situated in your finest stables, and while you're at it, take the griffin with him" Alabaster made a confused caw sound, while you blocked off the guard from leading your beloved griffin away.