022

November 26th

Skye woke up bright and early, oddly eager to wake up despite her late-night call with Levi at three in the morning. She looked at her phone to check the weather, seeing that it would be brutally cold, so she decided to plan her outfit accordingly so she didn't freeze to death during the game.

After taking a brisk shower and going through the steps of her skin and hair routine, she hurried on back to her room in a towel, rummaging through her drawer to put together an outfit. It would be perfect to wear a sweater seeing as it was sweater weather during this time of year, so she pulled out one that fit with the school colors, even taking out a warm jacket from her closet to match.

Now dressed in warm clothing from head to toe, Skye headed down the stairs for breakfast while she waited for Nini to pick her up so they could head to the turkey bowl together. Her dad was already up as she had informed him in advance about the game, sitting in the living room with his cup of coffee like always.

To make Scott's life easier, Skye made herself breakfast, toasting two pieces of bread and slathering it with jam just the way she liked it. Although she was so used to her dad cooking everything as he was always the cook in the family, toast with jam was always a go-to that never grew old.

After her toast was done, Skye headed into the living room with her food and a glass of water, setting everything down on the coffee table before sitting down on the couch. Right as she sat down, her phone went off, and she pulled it out of her pocket to see a text from Nini saying she was just about to leave. Seeing as Nini lived in a different town from her, Skye didn't have to rush eating her food, especially since she was already dressed and ready to go.

"You ready for the game?" Her dad asked.

"Yeah, Nini's on her way already," Skye told him.

"Ah, I remember my first turkey bowl." He sighed, reminiscing on his once innocent past. "It's where I met your mother. She was a cheerleader and-"

"Dad, gross." Skye interrupted, not exactly wanting to hear about her mom right now.

"I know she's not the best, but it's a sweet memory." Scott shrugged.

"I know." She replied, then continued eating her toast, which she should quicken the pace on at this point.

"You got everything you need?" Her dad asked.

"Yup and my phone is charged too," Skye said. She even packed one of those battery packs in her purse, so she definitely wouldn't have to worry about her phone dying at all.

"Good, I know those games are long." He replied. Plus, since this was the last game, it would be way longer than usual. It wouldn't surprise Skye if there wasn't some sort of party after, even despite it being Thanksgiving.

"God, I know." Skye rolled her eyes. "The things I do for Levi, I swear."

Now, Skye would instantly regret saying that. She knew how much her dad would tease her about Levi, and this time would be no different. "You like that kid, I just know it."

"Dad, stop it." She demanded.

"I know, I know. You're "just friends." He groaned, doing finger quotations at the end.