chapter 11

you woke up to your head pounding and your body hot. your mind sped through all the moments that occurred last night like a flip book and you slapped your hand over your face.

no way no way no way.

you shook your head as you speed walk into the bathroom and you see the multiple purple marks on your neck in the mirror. you lightly trace them as your face turns bright red.

you stared at yourself debating whether to feel disappointed or embarrassed with yourself.

before deciding, you quickly go into your closet and put on a white sweatshirt with a thick turtle neck going just below your chin. hiding them with the turtle neck made you feel a bit calmer.

you knew that if anyone saw these marks that you would have to explain everything and that would be way too embarrassing. it would also make you look very bad, comparing to how you usually act.

you lay back onto your bed and close your eyes. your mind then wonders back to last night. you think back to how soft his lips were against yours and how nice his hands felt roaming your skin, gripping just the right places. you realize what you were doing and scream out loud into your pillow. you then turn over and huff loudly. no y/n. no. stop that.

how am I going to face him now?

you lay a moment longer also wondering why his attitude towards you changed so much. your mind begins to fill up with thoughts of him.

then it finally clicked that yea, he was high.

•••

the clocked showed about 10am when you finally decided to stop moping in your bedroom and go fix yourself some hot chocolate because of the cold weather.

as you spun your spoon around the warm liquid contained inside the mug, you look outside the window. you peek through the sheer curtains and realize that snow was softly pouring out of the sky.

snow? it's snowing? ITS SNOWING? you began to jump up and down, not being able to contain your excitement. you loved the snow. you enjoyed it ever since you were a child. making snowmen to throwing snowballs at people, it was always fun. you couldn't stop giggling while you pulled on some black sweatpants and an emerald puffy jacket over your white turtle neck.

you sip on the last bit of your hot chocolate as you push on some white snow boots. you grab a black beanie from the coat hanger and jump out the door.

you run down the porch stairs and fall right onto the big pile of fresh snow. your mouth was hurting from not being able to stop smiling. you then begin to move your arms and legs up and down to make a snow angel. you get up because of the coldness against your face and stare at your masterpiece.

winter was always your favorite season. it was the season you saw all of your family happy and together. your mom also enjoyed the snow more than anything. she loved giving the snowmen little details and giving them little jackets to "keep them warm." your dad would always sit out side with the two of you admiring your builds and snowball wars. seeing him smile always made you even happier, remembering the days before he became someone you despised.

~flash back begins~

"mom, mom! it's snowing!" little 9 year old you exclaimed, clinging on to your mother's jacket.

"I know sweetie! do you wanna go play?" your mom asks in an angelic voice.

"yes!!" you happily yell as you run towards the door.

you both go outside and the first thing you do is stick your tongue out to catch a snowflake. you then feel a chill on your tongue.

"omeee ook!!" you try to say as you show her the little snowflake on your tongue. *mommy look!!*