˗ˋ 47

CHAPTER FORTY SEVEN

-: sixth year :-

── IN WHICH THEY DISCUSS THINGS

. . .

It seemed to be a constant battle for Elodie. Not over necessarily too serious - just whether or not she should transfer to Hogwarts or not. And she didn't even know why she was still doubting herself at this point - most people who it would affect had actually urged her to do it. 

Madame Maxime, her head teacher of all people, had told her to go for it. Fleur and Amelia - one of whom had told her through letter, but it still counted - were completely fine with the idea. Fred and George were more than happy, and she was sure that Dumbledore and other Hogwarts staff would be fine with it.

Maybe not Snape, but he was the anomaly amongst these results and conclusions, and so would be ignored.

"It's just my stupid parents." Elodie whined, her head dropping into her arms and banging on the wooden table. Her, Fred, George and Fleur were sat in a booth in the Three Broomsticks, a Hogsmeade day out having been suddenly organised a couple of days following the second task.

Fleur was waiting for Roger Davies to show up, and Elodie was with Fred and George, who were planning more products. All three of them were listening to the Beaumont girl complain, the twins in English, and Fleur occasionally in French, when the blonde girl didn't understand the English completely. 

"El, they don't even know that you're planning.. thinking of moving." Fred butted in, and beside him, George nodded. "Maybe give them a chance to say yes or no before you assume things?"

"Freddie, please shut the fuck up." Elodie looked up, and Fred rose an eyebrow. "I mean it in the nicest way possible. But if I tell my parents the reason why I want to move - because I've made certain friends here - they will have absolutely none of it." 

The twins considered it as Elodie translated it to Fleur, who was looking rather deflated from her lack of date. "So tell them that you just think it's a better school than Beauxbatons. Didn't your dad or something come here?" George chimed in.

"He did, but my mum went to Beauxbatons. And we live in France. I just don't see how I could convince them that I should transfer here for just a year." Elodie shrugged, looking over to the door as it opened, mimicking Fleur's matching movement, both of them sighing when it wasn't Roger who entered. 

"You're a Triwizard champion, I bet neither of your parents did that." Fleur snapped, clearly annoyed at how late the Davies boy was and not Elodie's lack of confidence in her thoughts towards her parents and her transfering. 

"Fair enough.. but it doesn't matter if I don't win. Which is looking less and less likely." Elodie replied quickly, translating to Fred and George something more positive, because any words against herself could lead Fred into an endless rant of just how well she was doing.

Which made her feeling warm inside, every single time, but she didn't think that she could deal with that at the minute. With the busy pub and Fleur getting increasingly more upset by the minute, she needed it as calm as possible. 

"I say just tell them the truth. You've met an extremely handsome boy who you have fallen head of heels with and want to spend every moment you can with him during your final year of school." Fred smirked, balancing his head on his palm from across the table. 

"Merlin's balls I think I might throw up." George commented, making a wretching sound and ducking out of the way when Rosmerta went by, trying to clip his ear for the language. "Madam Rosmerta, could we get some more Butterbeer? Or Firewhiskey?" He called after her.

"You know you can't have Firewhiskey, you're too young." Madam Rosmerta eyed the twins suspiciously. "And don't go asking either of them to get it for you." 

"Actually I was wondering if I could have some?" Elodie asked, when Fleur perked up at the sound of the stronger alchohol. Rosmerta looked skeptical, before nodding and walking off. 

"I need something to calm me.. before Roger come." Fleur explained in her rather broken, heavily accented English. "Ellie.. tell them." 

"I think they got the gist." Elodie replied. "Look, there's Roger now!" She exclaimed, just as the shot glass of Firewhiskey appeared under Fleur's nose. The blonde girl downed it before stomping off, and the three remaining frowned.

"I'll pay for it." Elodie reassured the innkeeper, who looked satisfied as she walked away. "Does anyone else get the impression that Fleur and Roger aren't going anywhere?" She said after a moment, and they peered around a wooden column to see where the two were stood. 

Fred, George and Elodie would watch as Fleur argued with Roger for being so late, clearly free entertainment for them. Hogsmeade was something else that Beauxbatons didn't have, which made it seem like the lesser school.

But with the details of the third task soon being announced, Elodie wouldn't have too much time to think about her possible transfer to Hogwarts.

Unless she wanted to die, of course.

✧