11 | The Beginning of Hell | 11

Karl POV

"Everybody ready?" I asked with a low tone. Nick and Toby were sleeping and I tried my absolute best to be quiet.

"Ready." Zak confirmed, loading his handgun. He aimed it at the wall quickly then put it in his back pocket, dropping his hoodie over the handle.

"I'm ready." Darryl cheerfully said. He briefly cleaned one of his sharp throwing knives with a cloth.

"I'm coming with you." Tommy spoke from behind Darryl. We each turned our attention to the small boy, everyone shook their head.

"I need to come with you all. I'm not staying here and doing nothing while you guys could die out there with those Knovs." Tommy exclaimed, balling his fists. I sighed, looking at the boy. I know I can't change this kid's mind.

"Fine. You can come." I rolled my eyes, allowing him to tag along. Zak turned his attention to me almost immediately. I returned the stare.

"Karl! You can't take this kid with us! He'll only slow down the mission." Zak raised his voice. I widened my eyes, turning my eyesight to make sure Nick and Toby were still fast asleep. I turned my attention back to Zak, shushing him.

"Don't wake up Nick or Tubbo." I ordered him. He huffed, turning his head and ending his statement. I ignored his pleads, gesturing for everyone to follow me outside.

I locked the run down door behind me slowly. I checked through the window one last time to make sure they were both sound asleep and made my way to the black truck we normally used.

Darryl hopped in the driver seat, Zak sat in the passenger seat and Tommy and I chilled in the backseats. Throughout the ride, I felt myself staring at my fingers, focusing my mind's attention primarily on Nick. I hope he'll be okay alone there.

"Big K? Are you alright?" Tommy asked quietly as he placed a small palm on my shoulder. I snapped myself back to reality, facing the worried child.

"I'm fine, Tommy." I nodded reassuringly and quickly turned my gaze to the window. It was a glistening night sky before me. I felt butterflies enter my stomach as I stared at them. The moon reminded me of Nick. It felt so calm.

After a few moments, the truck suddenly hit a stop and I assumed we'd hit our destination.

I climbed out of the car, and I noticed the others do the same, shutting the truck doors behind us and setting eyes on a rather large group of gang members.

We moved quietly, hiding behind small brick walls when needed and occasionally moving from place to place. After a bit of maneuvering, we were within ear range to hear exactly what they were saying.

"Boss wants that Karl guy. He knows he can use him." One guy said. I recognized his voice.

"Karl ain't nothing but some kid, right? Why's everyone so afraid of him?" Another spouted. I took deep offense to those words but I suppressed my anger, focusing on the mission.

"Yeah he's a kid but he can do some real damage. I heard he killed Ant in a heartbeat. Sounds pretty damn scary to me." The same from before chuckled. I ignored it. I'm not scary. I know I'm not.

"Well, the Boss wants what the Boss wants. I guess that's just him." A different guy shrugged, adding on his opinion.

I turned to Zak, nodding my head and covering my ears. Everyone did the same as me, realizing what I had gestured.

Zak aimed his gun into the sky and

Bang

A gunfire was heard throughout the small area. I could hear the group begin to murmur amongst themselves, standing up in shock and defense. They were all startled.

It's free meat.

Sapnap POV

I felt myself bolt up to the sound of what seemed to be a gunshot, holding the back of my head out of instinct. I looked at my surroundings frantically.

It was dark but not too dark. Toby was asleep on the couch, wrapped in a ripped blanket and accompanied by a creeper plushie. He looked rather comfortable and not phased by the loud noise.

I smiled to that, as it relieved a bit of stress, standing up and facing my other surroundings. I searched for Karl all throughout the run down building. I couldn't seem to find him.

"Karl?" I eventually spoke, turning the corner of the small hallway. I didn't get a response. In fact, I didn't see anyone. Not Zak. Not Darryl. Not Tommy.

"Guys?" I asked, cupping my mouth with my hands and I made my way to the backyard. No response.

I hurried back into the house, beginning to search more frantically. What if something bad happened?

"Karl? Bad? Skeppy?" I began to raise my voice, praying that I'd receive a response. To my surprise, I heard someone mumble "Nick" I immediately ran in their direction.

"Oh, it's just you." I felt disappointment run through my veins as I realized that it was only Toby that had responded. He looked up, smiling and hugging his stuffed animal.

"Wait, do you know where Karl is?" I asked, walked over to him and sitting next to him. I did need to breathe for a bit, after all.

"No..? Aren't they here?" Toby asked, slowly. He looked at me funny, as if I were crazy or something.

"I can't find them. Karl, Skeppy, Bad, Tommy. Nobody." I complained, falling back onto the couch. Toby seemed to have his eyes set on something else, though.

"What's this?" He curiously asked, holding a ragged piece of paper. I shook it off at first, but after a few moments, it quickly clicked into my mind. That was the same map Karl showed me when we first met.

"Wait, where'd you get that?" I asked, energetically hopping up and walking over to the boy. He handed me the map and I quickly took it, beginning to analyze the piece of paper.

"It was on the table." He shrugged, walking circles around the small room we were in. "I'm pretty sure its Karl's."

"Yeah.. it is.." I mumbled, setting eyes on a specific part of the map. There was a circle placed over one location on the map. It was labeled with 'Knovs.'

"Maybe.." I stuttered, "maybe they're all here." I touched the circled area gently, keeping eyes on the spot. Toby came from behind me, reading over my shoulder.

Suddenly, we heard 5 more gunshots.

Out of instinct, we both covered our ears, falling to our knees. The gunshots were relatively close. So was this area on the map. I slowly connected the dots, realizing what task I might have to bare.

"Toby." I began a statement, looking him directly in the eyes.

"Tommy might be in trouble."

•+ Song For This Chapter +•
~ control ~ halsey ~