MAD EYE MOODY

______

______

If there was anything Ethaline found to be fascinating and worth every second of her life, it was dragons. An odd choice, of course, but she just had an unexplainable lure to the mystic creatures.

That and caring for all kinds of magical creatures.

Of course, she was rather good at all her other subject, not below the top five of her class, but none of it really excited her like those creatures. In fact, she had only met one in person while traveling with Lucius regarding work.

Ethaline walked down the hill as inconspicuous as she could right before dinner the next day at the crack of dawn. Her long blonde hair was in a tight braid hidden in her robes as she held a small basket.

She arrived at her destination, a little tired before she knocked on the door to Hagrid's hut. He opened the door and beamed at the youngest Malfoy. "Ethaline! Oh, how wonderful it is to see you!"

"Hello Hagrid!" Ethaline said with a kind smile, "I've brought something's for the little flower critters." She said as she handed him the basket, "We had extra at the Manor, thought I'd bring them." She lied. "Also brought some pastries, I wondered if you liked the last ones."

She didn't have extra, but if the giant knew she went out of her way to trade and bought them for the creatures he was inhabiting he wouldn't accept them. Hagrid saw right through her lie, "Oh Ethaline—not a ver' good lier' are yu'?" He asked as she gave him a sheepish grin and handed him the basket.

She then greeted Fang endearingly, her small hand petting him softly as the dog whimpered around her leg. "Also brought you something." She whispered as she crouched down and gave him a special treat, she picked up him.

"Atta boy." She said as he ate it happily.

Hagrid thanked her, "We ought' ter feed the ler' creatures." He said as they walked to the fields where the creatures were. Ethaline crouched down, holding her hand out as a small critter, smaller than her hand, that had looked sickeningly skinny wrapped itself around her finger. It's soft fur tickling her slightly.

She reached over for Hagrid to give her some food and instantly gave it to it, the small creature ate it and moved around asking for more, which she did.

She fed all the ones she saw with the help of Hagrid, while Fang trailed right behind her, begging for her attention by whining loudly. "Oh, quit it." She laughed, "I haven't got any more snacks you ate them all!"

Fang growled and slumped into the ground, its beady brown eyes looking up at her. Hagrid chuckled, "Yer' good with the litter' puppers'—why don't yer have one?" He asked curiously.

Ethaline sighed as she pet the dog, "My father hates animals, therefore my mother does as well and so does my brother." She said as she looked at the dog, "But I don't know why..." she cooed as Fang turned on its back.