On Steamy Waters

Author-nim: Longest chapter as of writing. Enjoy!

---

“Oppa, wake up,” Y/N heard Yuqi’s signature deep voice calling towards him as he felt a series of soft taps on his arm.

Even before he opened his eyes he already felt his head throbbing from pain, possibly from the sudden irregular sleeping schedule and the equally sudden awakening.

“Oppa, wake up. They’re calling us for breakfast. Soyeonnie just went by a few minutes ago.”

“Breakfast…? Didn’t we just arrive at noon…? Maybe you meant dinner…” he mumbled, still lost in the pain from his forehead.

“No, it really is breakfast. We slept over an entire night when we fell asleep yesterday.”

Yesterday…?

What the heck is she talking about?

Y/N opened his eyes, and the first thing he saw was the figure of Yuqi sitting beside him on the bed with her hair splayed on all directions. She wore a very drowsy expression as well, which made him think that she, too, had just woken up mere minutes ago.

 She wore a very drowsy expression as well, which made him think that she, too, had just woken up mere minutes ago

“Sorry, can you say that again? We slept over an ENTIRE night? What the…?”

“I’m sure you’re confused too, but we arrived at noon right? So what happened was: we slept out of exhaustion all the way through the night until it is morning. This is actually the next day already oppa. I was woken up by a call from Soyeonnie because no was answering the door. They were concerned because they haven’t heard anything from us since yesterday.”

Fuck my head’s all messed up. This would take a good while before I adjust my body.

I hope the time-difference won’t deal that much damage to my Circadian rhythm.

“Oh my God, I can’t believe we slept for that long. No wonder my head feels woozy.”

“I’m hungry actually. We literally hibernated for more than 12 hours.”

“Okay then, maybe we should get ready for the breakfast. Do you want to use the bathroom first? I think I’ll sit first and shake the drowsiness off for a few minutes.”

Yuqi nodded.

“I won’t take a bath though. I don’t think I’m up for a shower this early. I’ll just wash and change clothes probably.”

“That’s fine. Maybe I’ll do the same as well.”

“Okay then, I’ll go ahead oppa.”

Y/N nodded.

He then sat on the bed as Yuqi made her way towards the bathroom.

---

Yuqi and Y/N took turns to change into their casual clothes as they both got ready for the breakfast. Coincidentally, however, both he and Yuqi elected to go for a pair of shorts and white tees; the amazing coincidence of their pairing made them looked like a couple. The young Chinese member was quick to recognize it, and was rather thrilled to know that they would look like siblings when they go to the breakfast.