8

Since the argument, the Booker household has been fairly quiet with Tae keeping his distance from his wife, sleeping in a guest bedroom and Romeo locked himself in his bedroom without sneaking out anymore

               Shantey tossed and turned, laying on the California king bed by herself. She groaned under her breath, tapping the screen on her phone to reveal the time—5:15am. She had to be up in two hours to feed Azoni before she had to leave and start her day.

               The phone she sat back in its place on the nightstand and tossed the cover off her body. She stood, her nipples poking through the silk material of her nightgown, crossing the floor to the downstairs guest bedroom. The door's open and peaking in, she found her husband sleep on the bed. He sleeps on his back, covering laying across his chiseled V-line and his six-pack abs rising and falling with his breathing.

               Shantey footed over, lifting the comforter and straddling his waist. She leaned down to lay her chest on his and biting softly on his neck. Tae felt it, shifting in his sleep, and breathing heavily from his nose. He fluttered his eyelids open, turning his head and Shantey kissed his lips.

               "Whatchu doin'?" Tae asked, voice groggy.

               Shantey doesn't respond. She trailed kisses down her husband's body until her head disappeared underneath the cover. He stared down, shaking his head.

               "You think you suckin' som' finna help?" he asked and it stopped Shantey. "Well it ain't."

               She pushed the cover off her head and scowled. "Are you kidding me?"

               "Na' I'm not. Get off me."

               Shaking her head, she moved from her husband. "You're acting like a child, Tavon. You're mad at me for something that happened four days ago."

               "Four days ago, a week ago, I don't care. Stepping in when I'm disciplining my son bothered the fuck outta me and this not the first time I had to say that shit to you. You forget I know how to do this shit?" he stood, walking to the guest bathroom.

               "Without me, right?" She followed behind him quickly as he urinated. "Since you done it so well when I was in rehab. Just say, because I know you want to. Say it."

               "Yea' when you was in rehab..." he retorted, flushing the toilet and his wife scoffed. He put soap in his hands and turned on the sink. "I had shit set wit him. He knew what the fuck was what and he never opened his mouth to disrespect me."