Chapter 9 - Jack

- Chapter 9 - Time Together -
Warnings: Mentions of Nightmares
Third Person POV

Jack woke up to Anthony scrambling to get off of him, before collapsing on the floor.

Jack quickly sits up, looking down at Anthony, who was gritting his teeth in pain. "What happened? What's wrong? Are you alright?"

"I'm sorry for falling asleep on you" Anthony forces out. Jack sighs.

"Anth, bud, it's okay. I can't tell you how many times Crutchie or one of the other boys, or even girls, have fallen asleep on me cause they were either in pain or scared. You are perfectly fine" Jack assures him. Anthony nods.

Anthony had had a rough night, and Jack woke up to him crying and whimpering a few times. Jack knew it was probably nightmares.

"It hurts" Anthony whispers, effectively snapping Jack out of his thoughts.

Jack frowns.

"Do you want medicine?" Jack asks Anthony, who nods.

Jack goes over to the door, opening it. Blink and Mush were outside, walking by. "Hey Blink, hey Mush."

"Hey Jack. How'd you sleep?" Mush asks him, smirking.

Jack rolls his eyes.

"On me back, Mush." Jack answers. Mush laughs, he asked Jack this everyday. "Do you two mind getting medicine for Anthony?"

"I'll grab it" Blink states. Jack nods.

Blink quickly pecks Mush on the lips, before running off to grab medicine from the kitchen.

Mush and Jack walk back into Anthony and Mush's room, where Anthony was still laying on his back on the ground, trying not to cry.

"Oh, Anth." Mush frowns. "I'm sorry."

"Don't be. It's not your fault" Anthony whispers. Mush sits down next to him.

Mush helps Anthony sit up, wiping the few tears, that escaped Anthony's eyes, off of his face.

Blink comes back into the room with two pills and a cup of water.

Blink sits next to Anthony, on the opposite side of Mush (the left).

The two boys help Anthony swallow the pills, after explaining what to do since Anthony had never seen pills before.

After a few minutes, the two boys help Anthony stand up, his left arm over Blink's shoulder and his right arm over Mush's shoulder, and their arms around his shoulders.

The three boys walk to the kitchen, Jack following them.

The boys in the kitchen (Specs, Spot, Albert, Elmer, and Henry) either wave or mumble a 'good morning'.

Anthony sits down in the middle of Blink and Mush, as Medda greets him. "Mornin' Anthony. How are you doing this morning? Better than last night?"

Anthony nods. "I'm okay."

Medda nods, smiling at him. She gives him, Mush, and Blink a plate.