𝘛𝘩𝘦 𝘈𝘸𝘢𝘬𝘦𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘨

{the awakening}

{the awakening}

   three weeks, three horrible weeks, had passed since the avatar was presumed to be dead. hana was not doing well, but she hid it from everyone, not without repercussions, though.

   she stayed in her room for most of the day, only coming out for food and to talk to zuko, which was rare. it had seemed that most of his time was taken up by his own thoughts and mai.

   hana couldn't put into words how she felt about mai and zuko. she thought it was envy at first but quickly realized that it wasn't. she knew how she felt about them separately, however.

   hana thought mai was rude and annoying. mai was too cold for her liking and never thought to empathize with anyone, ever. zuko is a hot mess. his feelings were everywhere but it didn't make her shy away from him, instead, it only made her gravitate towards him. hana and zuko fit each other perfectly.

   hana never admitted to her ill-will towards mai, not wanting to make zuko upset. she put on a cheery smile when she saw them together. every time hana left, the cheery smile would disappear and turn into tears. she felt like shit.

   she ran her hand through her hair as she sat up from her bed. she quickly put a robe on over her pajamas and went above deck. she wanted to talk to zuko. she wanted to know where his head at, seeing that she hadn't talked to him much.

   hana knew that zuko would be there, he was always there at night trying to decipher his feelings about what happened three weeks ago.

   when she got up on deck she noticed zuko and mai. they were hugging each other as they looked out to the water. hana's heart dropped and a rush of pain hit her.

   dammit.

   she quickly turned her heel and went back the way she came. she wasn't going to cry about something stupid like that.

   as she walked back to her quarters she walked past someone. she thought nothing of it until they said something.

   "hello hana," she turned around and looked towards the girl.

   "hey azula," hana hid the pain in her voice.

   azula narrowed her eyes, "have you talked to my brother lately?"

   "uh, no," hana replied.

   "interesting, seeing you're always with him."

   hana hummed, "yeah, well, i suppose shit happens."

   "you know, my father says swearing isn't very lady-like," azula said to her.

   "i really don't care," hana began her rant. "princess, don't let a man tell you what is lady-like or not. in fact, don't let him think he is above you, because that simply is not the case," she informed azula. "do you know why your father is so powerful?"