Chapter 13: Forrest's Favorite

As I predicted, Prince Harlan knocked on my door later that afternoon. I had two hours to spare, which meant Elise fixed me up so Harlan wouldn't suspect a thing.

He thought my note was amusing, and the glow of happiness on his face actually struck me with worry. Could I have possibly made a dent in my own progress?

"I'll see you at dinner tonight, Cordelia." he says before exiting my room.

No kiss of the hand. No, 'I'll see you later tonight'. Nothing.

All because I wanted to figure out a way to wrap Forrest around my finger.

The next couple of days were utterly boring, because I spent them in the woman's room listening to banter and listening to Felicity go on and on about their date. It made me a little angry hearing all of this... Well it wasn't exactly anger. I'm not sure what it was, but I didn't like it. Not at all. Then she mentioned going out with him last night, and I felt my control slipping through my fingers.

If I lose Harlan, I had to go to Forrest. And I could not let that happen.

That same afternoon was the same afternoon The Report would be having an interview with Harlan and Forrest. So I wore a pale pink dress, nothing special. Although, maybe I should have worn something more elegant, because all the girls were dressed and painted to perfection.

Wonderful.

I sit down and watch as Forrest and Harlan stand off to the side, talking to each other intently. Forrest would say something, snarky I bet, and Harlan would laugh. It was hard not to watch them. I rarely got to witness brotherly love.

"Alright people! We're on in five!" the producer shouts as Uriah takes a seat, and Prince Forrest and Prince Harlan take a seat across from him.

"Five... Four..." the camera man then turns silent and counts with his finger until he reaches one.

"Hello Illéa!" Uriah greets with a smirk. "I know you have all been waiting for an update on how our princes our doing when it comes to finding their wives. So without further ado, Prince Forrest and Prince Harlan Schreave!"

Forrest smirks at the camera and I internally scoff. Harlan just gives the camera a polite smile.

"Let's start with you, Harlan. Is it alright that I call you Harlan?"

Harlan laughs lightly. "Of course. Go ahead," He urges.

"What are your thoughts on the selected? Have you been on any dates yet?"

"I actually have," Harlan laughs. "A couple actually."

Yeah of course he has, I think bitterly.

"Would you mind giving out the names?" Uriah presses. "And have you been out with a girl more than once?"

"Yes, I'm afraid I do mind, I respect their privacy." Harlan doesn't say it in a mean way, he was most sincere. "And two, also a yes. There are a lot of amazing girls here. I have enjoyed getting to know some of them so far." he smiles warmly.

"How about you, Forrest? Any special lady?"

Taylor

"Yes actually," Forrest smirks. "She's quite special." he leans over in his chair and his eyes flicker over toward us.

"Oh? Are you going to tell us who?" He asks.

"Sure, why not?"

I see the cocky smirk on Taylor's face from the corner of my eye and actually scoff out loud this time.