An Announcement

Chapter 30 - recap

"I'll always be here to help you. Alright?" I look up at his face.

"Yeah, I know you will Lucy. Besides, who could turn down an opportunity to work with me for the rest of their life?" He teased.

"Hmmmm, well I guess not me. But--I could," I raise an eyebrow.

"But you won't," he kissed me.

"Nah, I won't," I agree.

• * •

Chapter 31 - An Announcement

I sat criss-crossed on the floor, my hair up in a messy bun and a pencil stuck through it. A white t-shirt clung to me and my shorts where comfortable jean shorts. I was surrounded by papers, a pen in my mouth as I chewed the end in thought. On the papers was different wedding plans. I had to pick what I wanted.

I lay back on the floor and groan slightly. I sprawl my arms out and close my eyes. I couldn't believe it was already March. I let out a deep sigh, feeling myself relax. Then I felt a presence near me and my eyes shot open.

"Falling asleep working, are we?" Natsu teased me as he looked down at me.

"I just closed them for a second!" I respond.

"Well either way, I have something to discuss with both of you," Mrs. Dragneel walked in. Natsu helped me to my feet.

"What is it?" I ask, brushing hair from my eyes.

"I believe we should officially announce your engagement," Mrs. Dragneel told us.

"It's about time we told people," I shrug.

"You have a point..." Natsu sighs.

"I'll prepare the announcement," Mrs Dragneel tells us and heads off.

"Looks like it'll be official," Natsu watches his mom leave.

"For everyone," I grab his hand. He squeezes mine a bit before I sit back down with the papers. He sits behind me and I squeak in surprise when he pulls me back against him. He rested his hands over my stomach and leaned over my shoulder a bit.

"W-what are you...?" I stutter my question.

"I'm gonna help you," he plants a kiss on the side of my head. I blush slightly. I pick up my pen and another paper and begin my work again, periodically placing the pen in my mouth as I thought. Natsu leaned his head on my back as I worked into the later hours of the night. I felt myself yawning and I started picking up the papers.

Natsu stirred and I realized he had fallen asleep. I turn slightly and ruffle his hair a bit before whispering, "Go to bed if you're sleepy."

His arms tightened around me. "I heard you yawn just now, so you should go to bed too," he murmurs. I smile and turn back to my papers. I set them on a nearby table before turning around in Natsu's lap. I held his face in my hands before kissing him. I started to draw back but he held me firmly in place.

"Where do you think you're going?" He asked with an evil grin.

"I'm going to bed," I giggle in response.

"Hm... Not right now. That can wait," he said before pulling me into another kiss. He bit my lip gently and I opened my mouth to protest but he took that opportunity to slide his tongue in. Sly bastard... My cheeks heated up and goosebumps ran across my arms.

When he pulled away for a moment he smiled at my redness. "Jeez Luce...you make it hard for me not to loose it..." He sighed. My eyes widened when I realized what he meant. A smirk played on his lips.

"I don't know how much longer I can wait.." He leaned closer to me and kissed down my neck before stoping at my shirt.

"Natsu...what are you...doing?" I struggled to speak normally. He looked up at my now very red face with an amused smile.

"Ah, it's still good to see I can mess with you," he teased.

"I-idiot! How was I supposed to know you where teasing me?!" I exclaim.

"You weren't," he paused and leaned closer to me, "but you didn't try to stop me." I took in a sharp breath and squeezed my eyes shut.

"Whatever, I would have stopped you!" I turn my head away. He chuckles, obviously amused.

"Sure you would have Lucy..." I open my eyes in time to catch him rolling his.

"Hey, what's that supposed to mean?" I furrow my brow.

"You know you wanted me to go further," he said with a slightly seductive look and tone. I feel my face heat up again.

"N-no! I didn't!" I retort quickly.

He stands up and pulls me up with him, "Someday soon I will go further." He kisses my ear before walking away with his hands in his jean pockets. He looked back at my distraught self.

"And don't worry, I'll catch you completely by surprise," he adds before leaving.

"That's not helpful!" I yell after him before looking in a nearby mirror at my red face.

"Jeez..." I mutter before walking to my room and throwing myself on my bed. I really wanted him to go further didn't I...

• * •

Chapter 32 - Wendy and Romeo?! - Preview

"Lucy! Lucy! Guess what!!" An excited Wendy was jumping around me. I laugh and still her by placing my hands on her shoulders.

"What is it Wen?" I ask her, slightly curious.

"I like a guy, and I found out he likes me too!" She gushed.

"Awe, Wendy! That's so cute!" I smile at her.

"Yeah, he's the best! And you know him too," she grins.

"I do? Who is it?" I ask, trying to recall meeting anyone Wendy knows.

"Romeo, the guy from that party," she blushes slightly.