Chapter 15: Found over Coffee

Cassandra pov
Rubbing my eyes as I stare at the coark board covered with failed leads, new leads, sightings, and possible locations where the kid might've been taken. A tired aight left my lips before a knock on my office door sounded
"Come in!" I called out. It opened to reveal the face of the blond intern named Hugo holding a cup of coffee.
"I noticed you've been here all night and though you'd appreciate a black coffee" Coming up to my desk smiling at me.
"oh Hugo you are amazing."
"Have you gotten any new leads?"
"no nothing and it's frustrating cause you'd think something would've come up by now it's been two weeks since he got taken"
"Have you tried looking for things not there instead of what is there?"
I looked at him from the side while. I'd sip, swallowing it.
"what do mean Hugo?"
"Have you tried looking for his normal routine and then tried to see what lines up between the two?"
That caused a price I'd been missing to finally fall into place. I had looked at the guys normal schedule and normally he would visit the store always methodically on the second and 4th Thursday of every week before heading to an Alley that had a broken security cam. There had been sightings of a man of similar build coming into the store then going that same route. I had my lead and a location I had to call raps and let her know.
"Oh my.....Hugo!You mad genius!"
I hugged him tightly causing him to go tense before running out catching him say stunned
"Your welcome detective"

Raps pov
Leaning against the front door I was exhausted I had just spent the entire day going through events for the celebration of the founding of the town and sleep has been illuding me since Varian vanished. I trudged into my home sliding my shoes off making my way into the living room and collapsing onto the couch face first. Before I could let the arms of sleep cradle me my phone called out with cassy's ringtone and I pushed myself up and awnsered saying "Cass what is it?"
"I know where he is!"
My mind blanked out for a moment before saying
"what?"
"I found him raps! I know where Varian is I'm currently taking a team to go retrieve him. I'll let you know when I get him or if he's there my lead is pretty good though so I'm sure he's gonna be here"
"that's....Okay ill be ready for when you give me the call. Be safe okay cass?"
"I will okay I gotta go were almost there ill call you later bye" The end call tone sounds and I take a deep shakey breath standing up deciding to bake while I wait for cass to call me back. These treats would either be celebratory or cheer me ups. I didn't notice when Eugene had come home ten minutes later I was already halfway through making the brownie batter.
"Sunshine?"
"Oh Eugene! Sorry I was distracted"
"yeah I noticed and this seems to be a bad kind of distracted what happened?"
"Nothing bad just.....cass thinks she found Varian, and she's in the process of retrieving him. So I decided to bake while I waited and if it was good news it's be celebratory and....if it's bad news it's be a cheer me up"
"How long has it been since she said anything?"
"ten minutes, not too long but it might be another half an hour or so"
"Okay do you want help or..?"
"No it's pretty relaxing to do this by myself."
Eugene sat and watched me finish prepping all of the treated before putting them in the oven just as I did my phone rang again with cass's ringtone and I grabbed it picking up saying "Cass?"
"We got them raps. We got them"

(Ayyyyeee foools I'm back! It's been a long time. Sorry I died but I decided Varian torture wasn't going to last to long but this just me and I will have some more flash back material. Hehe hehehe. Well I hope y'all like this I hope I'll be able to start another chapter also I introduced Hugo finally.
Welp peace out~)