The Challenge (Pt. 1)

Third Person POV

The next day came as slow as it did for Kennedy as it did Kara and Lena. They were all anxious to see if Kennedy would become family. Kara unmistakenly wanted to be an aunt, nonetheless the aunt of Kennedy. 

Lena, however... she wanted to be the 'wine' aunt of Kennedy. No, not just the 'fun' aunt. She wanted to be the aunt that Kennedy could go to for whatever she needs. She wanted to be the aunt that Kennedy could go to whenever she had an argument with her (hopefully) to-be mothers, or even when they're being unreasonable. She wanted to be the aunt that Kennedy could to go when she has boy (or girl) issues, or even for gossip! 

Kara didn't just want to be an aunt, either. She wanted to be the aunt that Kennedy could go to whenever Kara was needed to beat someone up or intimidate someone. She wanted to be the aunt that would always be down to get coffee, and definitely the aunt that would always be down to get ice cream. She always wanted to be the 'cool' aunt.

As the sun rose and the warm rays shone through the curtains, Kara had just returned from her morning Supergirl shift. She returned with donuts, setting them down on the kitchen island as she went to wake Kennedy.

Kennedy was already sitting upright on the couch, staring at a wall blankly. She had seemed to be deep in her thoughts- far too deep for Kara's liking. The heroine tapped Kennedy on the shoulder lightly. Kennedy flinched, inhaling sharply and covering her face with her hands. 

Kara apologized, "Oh no, Kennedy, I'm so sorry, I forgot. Please, don't be scared of me, I won't hurt you," Kennedy nodded, letting Kara hug her. Kara continued, "I will never hurt you. I promise." Kennedy nodded again.

"Thank you."

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Kara and Lena were sitting on the couch, watching 'The 100' while Kennedy was taking a shower. Well- Kara was watching the show, Lena was watching Kara. The CEO turned to Kara, who was watching the show intently, "Love?"

Kara hummed a response, too distracted with the show. Lena tried again, "Babe." Kara nodded, turning her head to face Lena, her full attention on her girlfriend.

"Yes, Lee?" 

Lena laughed lightly before speaking, "Has anyone ever told you that you're beautiful?" Kara blushed a light pink, smiling as she looked down at her lap meekly. The CEO hooked a finger under Kara's chin, lightly pulling Kara's face up so that she could kiss her.

Their lips connected sweetly, Kara smiling into the kiss. Lena rolled her eyes at how much of a dork her girlfriend is, feeling the blonde's arms wrap around her.

After a moment, the two pulled away as the front door opened. Of course, Alex had a key. Maggie entered, plopping onto the sofa and raising both eyebrows at the two.

Alex rolled her eyes at her fiancee, sitting on the couch beside Maggie and slinging an arm around her before greeting, "Hey 'lil sis, other 'lil sis." At that moment, Kennedy exited from the bathroom, her eyes landing on Alex before she turned to Kara.

"Oh my God, you're Kara Danvers?" 

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>