I'm Fine

In the end, it was Jin who stayed with her. He said, "As someone with medical training I should be immediately available for anyone who needs me" and the "excuse" worked. She didn't protest; she enjoyed his company, and she felt safe around him. Now she just hoped she wouldn't trip and make a fool of herself like last time, and everything was going without a hitch.

  She noticed Namjoon had slowed down his pace a little earlier, which she didn't find odd. Maybe he had gotten tired. After all, they've been walking all day now. However, now it was almost as if each step was hesitant. Everyone else had noticed too, and suddenly it felt like breathing would be making too much noise. Jin's face looked intense. "We're outside the border," he said.

The border? She had remembered Tae saying they were going to a place like a refugee camp for hybrids. Why did they look scared then? The only sound Jae could hear was the wind blowing through the trees, and she shivered, she wasn't sure from the cold or from the nervousness in the air. She felt a warm hand wrap around hers, and Jin sent her small, comforting smile.

"Everything's okay. Just stick close to me." Her anxiety lessened, and she felt like she could breathe again. Namjoon suddenly stopped walking altogether, as did everyone else. Jin was still holding Jae's hand, and his gaze was on Namjoon. Jae couldn't grasp what was going on but it looked like they were waiting for something. She saw Jungkook sniffing the air, and his ears were high and alert. Namjoon was looking at him expectantly.

He jumped off of Yoongi's back, and started to hop in one direction, still sniffing the air as he did so. Jimin gave a warning growl, and Jae lost sight of Jungkook. Then, it was quiet. Not even the wind was blowing anymore. She heard a loud twig snap, and nothing but chaos ensued after that.

Jungkook immediately started screaming a high pitched sound of alert, running back towards them and all the others started snarling. Namjoon started barking through his snarls, and even from where Jae was standing he was vicious. They all were and Jae thanked her lucky stars she was on their side. Jin's grip on Jae tightened and he stood protectively in front of her. It was hard to see behind his broad shoulders but even then, the sight in front of her was hard to miss.

They were all looking at something she couldn't see, and Yoongi was guarding Jungkook who was underneath him, hissing and baring his teeth all the while. Namjoon barked something in their direction, his huge teeth on display and Jae saw Jungkook and Hobi both running towards her and Jin. Jae just wanted to scoop both of them up in her arms but she was frozen in place. What the hell is going on? I guess he told them to get away from there.

"Looks like someone came to greet us." Jin said ominously. Jae looked up at him curiously, but her ears were filled with one of the loudest roars she's ever heard. Her eyes widened as a full fledged lion seemingly came out of nowhere, growling at the rest. Saying he was huge was an understatement and Jae could feel her legs starting to shake. She gripped the back of Jin's shirt tightly, and he had felt it. Behind the lion emerged a red fox, looking completely calm, and it's fluffy tail was swaying back and forth.

Jae felt Jungkook frantically pawing against her legs, as if asking to be picked up. With shaking arms she did, and at the same time Jin grabbed her and pulled her down lower to the ground. One of the biggest owls she's ever seen swooped over their heads. It screeched loudly as it circled around everyone, getting low growls in return. That must have been why Jungkook wanted to be in my arms: he must have seen the owl.

Namjoon's gaze had not once switched from the male lion in front of them. The fox had shifted, and Jae thought he looked quite young, maybe in his late teens and his hair was much like Hobi's but his red was brighter, and curlier. He locked his electric blue eyes with Jae, and he narrowed them, then turned to Namjoon.