31 | part time

Jay~

Jay~

"If I ever do anything that makes you uncomfortable, please tell me. The last thing I'd ever want is to make you feel violated. We can set boundaries." I truthfully told Ally and she lightly smiled.

"I feel safe when I'm with you. Don't worry about it," she tilted her head and stared at me. "Do you wanna go on a date today? It's only four pm."

Did she just ask me out?

"Y-Yes," my mind is allover the place right now. "Where would you like to go?"

"Hmm... you make the choice this time." She grabbed my hand and we left the restaurant. Ally's actually holding my hand? This is so odd.

"Are you trying to lead me on?" I jokingly asked and she smirked.

"Maybe." She then pulled my collar and planted a peck on my cheek.

You're literally insane.

"You know what you're doing to me." I stopped halfway through my tracks, and just cupped her face.

"Kiss me, I dare you." Ally raised an eyebrow and I just rolled my eyes.

"Not today," I kissed her forehead instead. "I hope one day this can become our reality. The next time I kiss you, is when our feelings are mutual."

"What a gentleman." She teased.

"I love you."

"I know," her response was breathy and sincere. "Thank you."

___________________________

Ally~

"Actually, I've been meaning to get a part-time job soon. I might start going around next week." Jay told me while we rested in the cafeteria, after a long day at the arcade. His family is actually pretty wealthy, but he's not the type to show it off. He's always lived a humble life, and you can also tell how independent he is by looking at his decisions.

"That's actually great! Is there any reason why you suddenly thought of it?" I showed signs of curiosity.

"I'm saving up for something." He left it a mystery, not actually telling me what it is. I asked him a couple more times, but he wouldn't budge.

"If you don't tell me, I'm just gonna assume you're planning to buy me something..." I joked but he didn't laugh. "Oh gosh- it really is, isn't it?"

"I'll just leave that as a surprise then." He winked.

"You don't have go get me anything. It makes me feel burdened whenever someone gets me stuff- I just always want to pay them back." I rubbed the back of my neck.

"Alright... if I say it's for the both of us, then is it okay?"

"Mmh? That's fine."

__________________________

Jay~

I've actually sent my resume in to some part time jobs already, mostly retail and cafés. I got a few call backs to book an interview, and now came the day.

"Mom, does this look okay?" I pulled down the collar of my dress shirt.

"Of course! You look so handsome, they'll hire you right away." She boosted up my confidence and I snorted.

I drove over to the first café near our university, but parked a little bit further since I have some time to kill. I checked my hair and fit once again, and then finally came into the shop.

The atmosphere of the café felt very homey, and the aroma of baked goods and coffee came resonating throughout the whole place.

"H-Hi... are you the new part-timer?" A girl with big round eyes stared at me in shock. She was holding an iPad, then checked to see if my name was on it. "My mom said you're hired."

"Oh? I haven't even done the interview yet..." Literally shut up Jay, you got a job the easy way. "I mean- thank you!"

"I can start training you now!" She has a very friendly aura and actually showed me everything, from behind the counter and beyond.

"Oh- I'm sorry I haven't asked for your name. By the way, I'm Jay!" I shook her hand and she smiled.

"I'm Beya. I hope we can be great co-workers!" She made me a latte and we drank it in silence. The café will open in a few minutes, so we need to drink up quickly. "Do you go to university nearby?"

"Yes, I go to UCLA. You?" I took a sip from the cup, but kinda burnt my tongue.

"I studied at a pastry school in France. I've graduated!" She looked at my files. "We're the same age."

We quickly finished preparing for the day. Before we knew it, the doors were already open to public. Since the place is near a university, students pilled up and it became so busy. It's actually the weekends, but I know there's many clubs and study groups during this time.

___________________________

Just got the ENHYPEN Ggu Ggu package thingy ugh Weverse Shop starting to get rlly annoying with this capitalism 😒🙄

⭐️

Song: N.Flying (엔플라잉) — So pretty(예쁘다 예뻐)

(LYRICS: talks about how much he likes this girl, and thinks about her basically everyday of the week)