chappie five: company

Quick note here: I don't care much for votes, not that I don't appreciate them, I just prefer more comments 🥺👉👈

--

(Color) eyes were illuminated by the lanterns hanging around. Her smile was small, but it was there as her child-like nature was beginning to show from all of the games and food stands that were around her.

"Yona-chan, you really are cute when you're not looking like a sloth." Toritsuka teased, earning himself a smack to the head.

"Shut up, I'm enjoying myself." She puffed her cheeks.

The two teens walked beside each other through the crowd with Yona hanging onto the shirt of her companion. It was a habit she had grown used to ever since she got lost during a festival with her dad. That and because she was always the type to cling onto things, sometimes not even knowing that she had done it because she'd be too distracted. It always helped her to stay calm around a big crowd.

"I'm enjoying the sight beside me." She glanced over to see Toritsuka's flirtatious smile. His eyes raked over her blue floral kimono and back up towards her neatly combed hair, held by a blue blutterfly clip. She really did look cute compared to her usual lazy appearance.

"It was my mom's idea for me to dress up traditionally. This was hers when she was my age so I had no choice." Yona explained, remembering the smile her mother wore after seeing her daughter in her former get-up.

I can't wait to see the fireworks. Yona looked up at the sky. It'll be a first time in awhile. This time I get to watch it with a friend. She was looking forward to watching the fireworks show with someone else other than her parents. A timid smile reached her lips as she turned to Toritsuka with a hopeful smile, but he had been looking elsewhere. To a group of girls surrounding a booth filled with cute trinkets and plushes.

"Hey do you think that cutie over there will be impressed if I won her one of those plushy toys?" He chuckled. His eyes drifted to the girl beside him, "You don't mind if I catch you later, do you?"

I don't want to be alone. A distant memory of this scenario caused her heart to twinge in sadness. Yona's brows furrowed as her grip on his shirt tightened.

"Yona--Eh?" Reita blinked when he felt a gentle shove to his back. Yona had smiled at him, waving him off.

"Of course not. Go ahead, I'll go find something to do." She encouraged. Part of her wished to be honest and keep him with her, but that wouldn't be fair. "You better win me something too." And like that, Toritsuka was off.

Yona sighed deeply. Oh well, there's nothing wrong with spending time alone...in a big crowd. She hugged herself, already feeling anxious. Her nails dug into the material of her mother's kimono where her arms began to itch as if something were crawling up her body to trap her. In her state, she caught sight of something pink passing by.