forty four

/THIRD PERSON POV/

/THIRD PERSON POV/

The blonde groaned lightly when she heard her phone went off. She frowned when she suddenly realized she was still in her work attire — hell, she hadn't even taken off her socks! She must've fallen asleep although she couldn't remember even closing her eyes. The phone kept on ringing and Lisa pushed herself up, glancing at her wristwatch she hadn't taken off of her, too.

Fucking hell, it's 3 in the morning.

"This better be fucking important," Lisa murmured, answering the call without looking at the caller ID first. "Lisa Manoban speaking."

"Hey, Lis. Did I wake you up?"

"What's up?" Lisa was awake now that she's met with Taehyung's voice. She knew Taehyung wouldn't call unless it's something.

"Could you come to the embassy? I have something to show you," Taehyung answered, getting straight to the point. Taehyung's at the embassy? That's — something.

"Be there in 10," Lisa said and ended the call.

Lisa cursed loudly when she felt her head throbbing, back aching. Maybe she should consider Liz's advice to not take work too seriously for real this time. It might just be a simple I-accidentally-fell-asleep-while-still-in-my-work-attire for anyone, but to Lisa it was much more. For her, it meant that she was slacking off. Had she let her guard down? If she had, then it needed to stop now. She couldn't afford being reckless.

Lisa chuckled when she noticed how her mind was starting to overdrive, waking her up. Look at me now, I'm just like you. Overthinking even the simplest things.

She took a quick shower and wore all black, her usual outfit whenever she had to visit the embassy. She contemplated before she brought herself to her sister's room. Chaeyoung would be asleep by now, but Lisa was guilty for the event that took place yesterday. Plus, she didn't know for when she'd come back from the embassy and Taehyung would be with her, she didn't want Chaeyoung to worry. She wanted to make sure Chaeyoung would be extra careful because both her and Taehyung wouldn't be around.

How about Jen

Lisa opened the door and walked herself in, finding Chaeyoung curled up beneath her comforter. She unconsciously smiled to herself. Whenever she's asleep, Chaeyoung always looked like a baby. It took her back to the times where she would sneak into Chaeyoung's room at night the first time she was allowed to go home from the camp. She slept easier knowing her sister was in the same room with her.

Lisa took a seat beside the sleeping Chaeyoung and watched her sister's even breathing. "Rosie," Lisa called softly, brushing the blonde's hair out of her face. "Hey. Chaengie?"

"Hm," Chaeyoung groggily mumbled with her eyes still closed and Lisa held back a laugh. What a baby.

"Hey, I'm off to the embassy, alright?" Lisa tried again but Chaeyoung had no response. "Chaengie..."