Chapter 29

"Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to Heathrow Airport. Local time is 10:00 am and the temperature is currently 19°C.

For your safety and comfort, please remain seated with your seat belt fastened until the Captain turns off the Seat Belt light. This will indicate that we have parked at the gate and that it is safe for you to move about.

Please check around your seat for any personal belongings you may have brought on board with you and please use caution when opening the overhead bins, as heavy articles may have shifted around during the flight."

"Did you hear that Tan? I'm pretty sure they're speaking to you." I roll my eyes, nudging him with my elbow as he chuckles in response.

"Oh please, it could have happened to anyone."

"Lucky I was there to catch the bag before it fell on your head."

"I would have managed." I huff softly, furrowing my eyebrows while pouting.

"Sureeee." He chuckles once again and I can't help but join him.

"Thank you for that again."

"No problem Tan." He flashes a smile at me and I smile before the air hostess continues speaking.

"If you require deplaning assistance, please remain in your seat until all other passengers have exited. One of our crew members will then be happy to assist you.

On behalf of LA Airlines and the entire crew, I'd like to thank you for joining us on this trip and we are looking forward to seeing you on board again in the near future. Have a lovely morning!"

"Well, that flight was shorter than expected." Jesse says stretching out his arms in front of him before standing up and walking into the aisle.

"Short? I wouldn't exactly say eleven hours is short but alright." I giggle softly, making my way into the aisle, standing next to him as he grabs my bag and hands it to me.

"Short, see?" I take the bag from him, hanging it over my shoulder as I narrow my eyes at him.

"Was that a short pun?" He just shrugs, reaching for his own bag as I shake my head slightly. "Thanks by the way."

"Once again, no problem." I turn my gaze to look up at him as he winks making me drop my gaze back down as he chuckles. "Now let's get out of here before we block the aisle again."

"I'm not that short by the way. Those overhead bins are just very high up."

"If that's what you want to go with, then I'll go with it." He flashes me a wink accompanied with a smirk making me giggle and turn my head away from him.

I eventually turn around, walking down the stairs and out the plane as the two of us make our way inside the airport before walking towards the baggage carousel to reclaim our luggage.

Jesse and I stayed up the whole flight, eleven hours left a long time for the two of us to catch up and talk about everything.

I'm grateful for the fact that he managed to keep my mind off of Luke, which was nice while it lasted because he always manages to find his way back into my mind.

"Earth to Tanna. You might want to concentrate for a second or you'll miss your suitcase and have to wait even longer." He speaks, snapping me out of my thoughts, allowing me to spot my suitcase on the carousel.

"Frick, that's mine." He laughs in response as I quickly walk forwards, hauling my bag off and dragging it behind me back to where I was before.

I balance the bag in front of me, dropping my overnight bag next to it as I take the hair tie off my wrist and pull my hair back into a low bun.

"Ready to go?" I turn my head, seeing Jesse walk over to me, grabbing my bag in the process and walking forward.

I quickly pull the front pieces of my hair out of the pun, letting them dangle loosely in front of my face to frame it.

After picking up my overnight bag, I jog slightly, trying to catch up with him.

"Jess, I can take my bag." I say once I've reached him, trying to convince him which doesn't work.

"Come on, I've got it." I sigh, taking out my phone while shaking my head as we walk through the terminal doors.

I quickly send Alex a message, telling him I had arrived, knowing I'd phone him later at home.

The two of us stop on the side, making sure we don't block the pathway of anyone else exiting the terminal.

"Well, now that I have your number again and you'll be here for a while, how about we make plans sometime?"

"I'd like that, yeah." I smile up at him as he nods with a bright smile across his face.

"Jesse!" The two of us turn at the sound, watching his little sisters waving excitedly before calling him over.

"Well, I'll see you around Tan." I lean up to hug him before stepping back, watching him wink as he walks towards his family.

My gaze immediately wanders across all the people waiting until my eyes land on my parents standing together. I grip my bag, walking over to them in a hurry and watch as their smiles widen.

I drop my bag next to us before wrapping my arms tightly around my dad.

"Missed you my darling." He squeezes me tighter before letting me go and grabbing my bag for me as I desperately cling to my mom.

It's like the second I was in her arms, I felt that everything I was holding onto was about to just fall apart but I bit my cheeks, trying to stop the tears.

"Who was that boy with you?" My mom asks as the three of us walk towards the car before climbing in as my dad packs my suitcases inside.

"Do you remember Jesse?"

"Jesse Smith?"

"Yeah, we sat next to each other on the flight."

"Oh that's lovely honey. We haven't heard about him in ages, I'm sure it was nice to catch up with him."

"It was." I smile softly as I rest my head against the car seat, pushing my nails into my palm as I try to keep my emotions at bay.

On the drive home from the airport, the lack of sleep must have eventually caught up with me because I don't really remember falling asleep but the drive to our house was long enough to take a nap.

"Honey, I know you're tired, but I don't really want to leave you in the car." I slowly open my eyes, looking out the window to see my house in London.

I slowly climb out of the car, walking towards the front door with my mom. Honestly, I'm not sure what it was, but as soon as I stepped into the house, suddenly everything seem much more real.

The tears that I kept in over the last few hours eventually escaped in a choked sob, breaking me down while knocking the breath out of me as my moms eyes widen in shock.