25I Murder

Luca's POV

Three days without my sorrelina and I already felt like I was internally dying.

If it wasn't for the fact I knew just how close dad was to preparing to win this court case, I would have probably dived back into my depression once again.

To be honest, we wouldn't have even given Gabby the option to leave, had it not been for the fact that her stepdad was in our rival mafia. They were big and powerful, and we didn't want to start a war with them just yet.

Luckily, I was pretty sure David treated Gabby well, as she hadn't mentioned anything bad about him. However, that didn't mean we weren't going to be visiting her tomorrow.

We had been planning since yesterday to drop by her house, but decided to keep it a surprise. That was why we hadn't mentioned anything to her yesterday evening.

"We can't we just kill that motherfucker?" Kyle grumbled from next to me as he slammed the car door shut.

None of us answered him, since we all knew he was aware of the answer anyway.

Honestly, he would be dead by now if he wasn't the American Don.

"Something's weird about him, though. I mean, Gabby flinches- a lot. She also has a small appetite, doesn't know some simple terms, and you saw how she reacted when we told her she was going back to David's. Something's off about their relationship."

Kyle's words struck a chord. We had always been trained to spot this sort of thing, but even for someone normal, it was obvious to see how off something was about the whole situation.

Of course, we hadn't paid much attention to it, which in all honesty we should have done. That was probably why I was so excited to see how she was doing.

"Come on," Kyle scoffed. "None of you are going to say anything? What a bunch of pussies."

"Kyle, that's enough," Damon spoke firmly from the drivers seat. He was taking us as dad was staying home to work on the case further.

"What? Can't face the truth," he spat, earning nothing more than a second glance in the rear view mirror from our oldest brother.

Once again, silence reigned on the car as we all seemed to become lost in our own thoughts. I, myself, was mainly thinking of the tribulations our little sister may have been facing.

Flinching? Maybe she was used to people hitting her.

Lack of appetite? Maybe she wasn't fed properly.

Doesn't know simple terms? Maybe she was kept away from the eyes of society.

Her reaction to the social worker? She clearly was petrified to see David again.

"Wh- what if she was abused?" I asked slowly, my voice cracking slightly at just the thought.

"No, you must be wro-" Caleb began to say, immediately shutting down the idea. I was sure he was more scared of it actually being true, then me being wrong.

"No, I think Luca might be right. I mean, a couple of weeks ago I was tickling her because why not, and then she ran off when I got to a certain place. Maybe she was hurt there?" Ace spoke up.

"No, please no," Caleb whimpered, sounding broken.

"Caleb, I know this is difficult, but think reasonably instead of basing your opinions on your emotions," Damon spoke up, his voice sounding uncharacteristically gentle.

My younger brother seemed absolutely petrified. His face was pale, his forehead clammy, his lips parted slightly and wobbling almost unnoticeably.

If anything, I was feeling similar emotions to him, except that I was more trained to hide my feelings.