5.4 - A Bunch Of Stupid Plans

Venompool peered his head over from the counter that he, Peter and Gamora had dived behind to see The Collector's lair absolutely decimated by the energy of the Power Stone.

"Aghhh, this is messier than the time I lent OJ my knife." Y/N claimed as he looked at what had become of their buyer's collection.

"Yeah that was was a bad call on our part."

Peter and Gamora were straining as they were coming around as well, Y/N helped them up carefully and got them to their feet "You two alright?" He asked.

"I'm fine." Gamora assured however it was clear she was still feeling the effects of having to quickly duck for cover.

Quill's eyes widened at the destruction "What the fuck?" He said quietly in disbelief.

Gamora then went over to the infinity stone and quickly closed the protective orb back around it before she turned to the two Terrans "Come on! Let's go!" She practically demanded of them.

"Yes, Ma'am" They both submissively said before looking at each other with slight embarrassment.

"Ha and you thought you were the dominant one."

"Bellend." He insulted his Symbiote before making his way out of the Collector's Lair with his companions.

"How could I think Tivan could contain whatever was within the orb!?" Gamora furiously scolded herself as the trio were back onto the streets of Knowhere.

"What do you still have it for?" Rocket asked somewhat flabbergasted looking as if he wanted to tear his own fur out.

"Ha, you're alright." Y/N exclaimed, glad to see Rocket and Groot unharmed as they high-fived.

"Thanks to Groot." Rocket said pointing to Groot over his shoulder.

"Well what are we gonna do, leave it in there?" Quill questioned the Raccoon.

"I can't believe you had that in your purse!" Rocket exclaimed whilst pointing at the orb.

Quill looked down at his bag "It's not a purse, it's a knapsack!" He defended.

"It's out of fashion is what it is." Y/N teased whilst chuckling at Quill's misfortune.

"Not the time!"

"We have to bring this to the Nova Corps. There's a chance they can contain it." Gamora suggests to the group.

"Are you kidding me? We're wanted by the Nova Corps! Just give it to Ronan!" Rocket exclaimed only concerned really for his own safety.

Y/N then speaks up "I'm a person who has terrible ideas, but that is a fucking terrible idea."

"I'm with L/N, we're not giving the stone to some asshole so he can destroy the galaxy" Quill yelled at Rocket.

"What are you two, some sort of Saints all of a sudden? What has the galaxy ever done for you? Why would you wanna save it?"

"I'm one of the idiots who lives in it!"

"Plus saving shit is sort of mine and Venom's forte back on Terra." Y/N smugly said holding an equally smug smile.

"Y/N,Peter, listen to me. We cannot allow the stone to fall into Ronan's hands. We have to go back to your ship and deliver it to Nova." Gamora pleaded with them.

"Right, right, okay. I think you're right." Peter said looking somewhat unconvinced by Gamora's proposition.

"Yeah when I said not give it Ronan, I didn't mean give it to the spacemen in blue who want to arrest us and or kill us." Y/N sarcastically towards Gamora who looked as if she wanted to kill him.