Chpt. 3

**Notes at bottom**

     The weekend goes by fast as Sam does her weekly set of homework combined with bills. While Jen stays in her room at lunchtime annoyed. While their poor mother stays on the couch depressed and sick. The beginning of the week is the same as any other week. Cafe from school, library shifts, repeat. Everything was normal, until that Wednesday as planned. Normal morning and normal classes, but lunchtime which is right on time changes everything to come.

    Sam and Olivia sit at their usual spot at the lunch table closest to the window and away from everyone else. Loud chatter and sounds of whispers filled the cafeteria as the lunchroom began to fill with students. Lunch is the period where friends get to be with friends and gossip about the latest on their episodes of highschool drama. Everyone has their section of the cafeteria, the popular girls have the center and middle because they love to be the center of attention. While the bad boys and jocks surround them and try to protect them in a way like Gollum and his precious. Then you have the other minor categories, which there are too many to name, but the main other one people should know is the window on the far left in Sam and Olivia's corner. Nobody bothers them usually and they don't bother anybody unless provoked.

      While everybody is in their sections and eating the well-known deliciousness of cafeteria food. Tristan climbs up onto one of the tables and turns towards the window in which Sam is sat by and yells, "Can I have your attention, your attention please." Suddenly everyone quiets down and turns their head to Tristan. "Thank you, now I would like to know if Samantha Patterson would go on a date with me this weekend?" At the same time, he says he's prideful yet hesitant. 

         Meanwhile, on the other side of the cafeteria, Sam sits there wide-eyed in shock and confusion on why a big popular jock, bad boy, specifically her sister's ex would want to go on a date with her. She stammers a little because of all the attention that this has given her as she looks around the room to see everyone's eyes on her waiting for a response. "I- I- May I have a minute to think about that statement?" She says and Tristan from the other side of the cafeteria smiles and says with a smirk," Take all the time you need, baby" which she blushes at which does not go unnoticed by some people, "Just know I will get an answer by the end of the day sweetcheeks." He says smugly as he climbs down from on top of the table.

      Five minutes later the bell rings dismisses them as she runs out of the cafeteria with Olivia right on her tail, not even caring about her library shift, and heads straight home. Once Olivia gets there she sees one of the things she hates the most; her best friend having a panic attack. She rushes over to her trying to also help her breathe as Sam starts to speak, "What is this? Is this one of my sister's stupid pranks? I- I- I don't know what to do. I- I- I don't know what to say? What do I say to him?" She looks down at her hands which are shaking as she feels tears spark into her eyes. She looks up to her best friend to see if she has an answer. "How about we do the pro's and con's of going on this date," Olivia states. 

     "Yeah- yeah ok." She says while going to sit on her bed as she finally starts to calm down. An hour later they have a full list of pros and cons. Sam sat on the bed thinking weary of the cons on the list while Olivia thought of how this could be the chance her best friend could be happy even if there is a chance it is a prank. "Ok, so this is a chance to do something that isn't for your mom, or your devil incarnate of a sister, or for bills, for you," Olivia says doing a little pace in her room when Sam interrupts, "Even though there is a big chance this is a prank?" 

      Olivia thinks for a moment then tries to continue but is interrupted once more by Sam's phone buzzing with a text message from Tristan saying, "Do I get a yes on that date xox Tristan." She looks up in weariness and fear. "What should I say ?" She says worriedly. "I- I think you should do it." She says hesitantly at first but then more confident. "Ok, what should I text?" Sam asks her best friend. "Um just reply my answer is yes," Olivia says with a shrug while Sam types it. 

 "Come to the park at 5:00." He replies with a smirking emoji. "Oh my god, it worked," Olivia said as they started jumping on the bed squealing. "I can't believe my best friend has a date with Tristan Bayard," Olivia says to which Sam retorts back, "I can't believe I'm going on a date with Tristan Bayard." They laugh while falling onto the bed.

** Here you go. I am just spitting these out while on break from school work. Hope you like it. Please vote and comment if you do. With lots of luv <3<3 - MG**