Chpt. 4

**Notes at bottom**

    The weekend couldn't come any faster she could cry with how much excitement and anticipation she had inside her for this date. Since she was a sophomore nerd in high school she has never had a real date before and doesn't know what to expect. She is nervous but excited but also stressed but happy. She has just a handful of contradicting emotions inside this very moment and is just about to burst. Two days have passed and it is Friday again and all those days contained were stolen glances and gossip a whole lot of gossip. It was finally Saturday, she was so nervous she was shaking a little bit.

    She had Olivia come by in the morning doing makeup and clothes. And they have about an hour to get ready. She has been freaking out for the past hour and now has only one hour to get down but with Olivia there she could get done in half that if she would stop freaking out. Olivia first sat there for about 15 minutes just watching Sam freak out but she knew she couldn't. So she  gets up from her comfortable spot on the bed, sighing, and slowly walks up to Sam, sighing while grabbing Sam by the shoulders and yells while shaking her shoulders, "Shut up and sit down." Sam sighs but reluctantly sits. "So here is the game plan, we have one hour till you have to go meet loverboy," they both chuckled at the nickname, "So you get hair and makeup supplies, while I go through this monster of a closet," Olivia says while shooing her away to get the stuff.

    Fifteen minutes later they both came back together with their hands full of all they needed. As they drop all the stuff onto the bed Olivia quickly turns around and shoves Sam into the chair that was seated in the middle of the room.

    "Alright so this is what I got from the monstrosity you call a closet," they both laugh again, "I got here on the left is a cute black music note off the shoulder, a long-sleeved top, and these cute ripped jeans I found which are super cute by the way," Olivia says with a smirk. 

     "Now go put this on while I get the makeup ready." Sam quickly went into her closet to change and came out changed and ready for makeup. Olivia pats the bed for her to sit and she goes and sits down while Olivia starts doing her makeup bold but subtle which is Sam in a nutshell. A couple of minutes later she was all done and ready to go. Olivia stands up while looking at Sam turn in a circle looking like she was about to cry because of how proud she is of how Sam looks.

      " You look beautiful." Olivia says wiping the fake tears while adding, " My baby is all grown up." Which sends them both into a laughing fit. "Now go to your date, he said to meet him at the park and you don't want to be late." Olivia pushes her as she gets onto her skateboard and goes on her very first date.

   Once she gets to the park, she sees him leaning on the side of his car in a leather jacket and tight jeans as he pulls his hand through his hair. He turns to see who is coming which happens to be his date, "Ah there she is, you ready to go? Where's your car?" He asks while looking for a car that doesn't exist. "I skateboarded here like I usually do. Since my sister has the car." She replies while walking into the park. "Oh I never noticed," he says sheepishly while rubbing the back of his neck, catching up to her while walking through the park.

"Most people don't," She says with a shrug. "Alright, let's get to know each other better." He suggests while looking at her contentedly for the first time tonight and actually looks beautiful. "Ok, you go first." She replies looking up at him. " Alrighty then let's do 5 favorite things: food, music, color, place, and thing to do, go." He says, looking back at her with a mischievous glint in his eyes. 

    "Ok mister speedy, food is the Busy Bean's cookies specifically sugar and double chocolate, music is broadway or 80s, color is a tie between teal and light green, place is my job at the library and thing to do is sing and read." She says with adoration in her eyes while talking about the things she loves which he has never noticed before.

    "Hey you dazed out I said it was your turn." She said while snapping him out of his trance. "Alright alright, food is ravioli, the music is 90s rock or plain 80s, color is tied with a sunset orange and purple, place is actually the park we're in now and things to do is write I think." He finishes with a tiny smile printed on his face.

   They spend hours at one of the benches just talking. It is now 8:00 and they are just sitting there appreciating the view. "So I know you told me you have the two jobs which you were basically 24/5 and that you skateboard or walk anywhere you go but you never told me why you don't have to if you don't want to though?" he says trying not to sound too snoopy. 

     "No, no it's ok when I was young my mother and father always fought, and then at one point, he couldn't handle it anymore so he left taking the car, most of the money and half of the valuables leaving only bills and mortgages. My mother tried to keep up but two months later she lost her job and with it her mental health and pride. I wanted to help out as much as I could but I couldn't till I turned 13 when I started working at Busy Bean and the library. And with the money issues, we could never afford another car so Jen just uses it since mom doesn't move from the couch and I just skateboard or walk from place to place and do bills on weekends." She says, finishing with a tiny bit of tears at the edges of her eyes. 

      While he listens and stares at her with worry and sadness never realizes how bad it was for some of the people he has known for a while. "Hey it's ok it's ok," he says while putting his jacket around her cold shivering shoulders. Wiping the tiny tears in her eyes with his hands forcing her to look up while whispering, "You're cool, you know that right."

    She chuckles while joking, "Yeah I know I've been told a couple of times." They both laugh and get up. Sam starts to take off the jacket that has been given to her but is stopped, "Keep it, it looks better on you."

     Later on, they both keep in touch and have a couple more dates until Thanksgiving break when he asks her to be his girlfriend. Which shocked her, to say the least, but excitedly agreed. Sometimes even after her shifts, he comes to greet her which surprises her, to say the least.

**Don't forget to please comment and share. With lots of luv <3 <3 -MG