25

8 Years Later

Anna's POV
----------------
"Come one kids, time to go to the park" I shout out, I hear one yell back coming and another running down the stairs, now where is that last one?

Braylon makes it down first, "Ben is in my room and won't come out" she complains. Ben was the youngest, he was only 5 but just as definite as his dad. "Ok sweetheart, go put on your shoes. I will get Ben to leave your room alone, and where is Brycen?" I ask, handing Braylon her shoes. "Don't know" she says while jumping onto the couch. I nod and go to find the boys. I found Ben playing with Braylon's dolls and pick him up, "Time for the park kiddo" I tell him. He tries to grab one of dolls but they are just out of his tiny reach. He grunts in annoyance and crosses his arms, "I want daddy to go to the park with hs" he informs me. "Well to bad, your dad has to work and can't watch you so you're stuck with me" I start tickling his tummy which gets him to stop complaining.

Now where is Brycen? I check his room which is empty, then I check Cade's office. Brycen was a mini Cade and always wants to be with him, of course we had to restrict his vista to the office with Cade's line of work, but other than that Brycen was glued to Cade's side. I knock on the office door and open it to see Brycen coloring while Cade was typing on the computer. "Bry we are going to the park" I tell him while kissing the top of his head. "Can daddy come?" He asks me, "Well thats up to him" I look up to Cade with a pleading look.

I loved my kids, but living in the city and being out with all of them was a lot. There were a lot of dangers and it could be hard to keep an eye on all of them.

"Of course I can go, let's hit the road" Cade gets up from his desk and tosses Brycen over his shoulder, making him giggle. Soon we get everyone out of the house and head to the park which is only a 5 minute walk away. As soon as we walked into the gates playground all of the kids took off, Braylon went for the swings, Brycen went for the slide, and Ben went for the sand box. "I call dibs on not washing all of the sand off Ben" I tell Cade as we found a bench to sit on. "We will see about that Collins" he throws his arm over my shoulders and pulls me into him.

As we watch the kids it hits me, today marks 15 years ago my parents and brother passing away in the car wreck. I don't know how I forgot since my 27th birthday was yesterday, but it did. It still seemed unreal that they were gone. "You ok?" I snap from my thoughts at Cade's question. "Yeah, just remember the car crash was 15 years ago today" I explain as I watched Brycen play tag with a couple other kids. "I totally forgot my love, I'm sorry" he turns to me and cups my check. "It's ok, and it helps that Ben is named after my brother" I tell him, I put my head on his arm that is still hanging around me. We sit in comfortable silence the rest of the time and watch our kids. 2 hours past and all the kids return, all hungry as well.

Me and Cade decided to take them to get pizza since it was always a favorite among them and no one complained. We walk into the small pizza shop and the twins go find seats while Cade, Ben, and I order. After we order we find Braylon and Brycen sitting patiently, "Did you guys have fun?" I ask in a chirpy voice. They all nod and start talking about their time at the park, all at once. Cade and I looked at eachother as the table exploded in talking. I just smiled at him and he turned it, "Like I said all of those years ago, we are great parents" Cade says over the kids. I laugh and soon the pizza arrives. Everyone goes quiet as we all eat, soon though Braylon asks for ice cream and of course we get them ice cream. It was a tradition, after pizza we get ice cream.

We make it back to the house around 8pm, which is bath and bedtime. The boys insist on take bathes together, so I help Braylon and Cade helps the boys. After 30 minutes all kids are asleep and Cade and I are left to do whatever. We walk into our bedroom and sit down. "Man I love them, but holy shit they exhaust me" Cade says while laying down. I laugh at him and join him, "Just wait till they are teenagers and Braylon brings home a boyfriend" I put my head on his chest like I always do. "Don't even say that" Cade puts his hand on his face and rubs his temples. "Ok, but you need a shower. You stink babe" I say as I get up and go into the bathroom.

"Fine, but you are joining me" He gets up and runs after me, making me giggle.

So much had happened since the twins were born, after they got here we were to busy to have a wedding so we never did. Maybe we will once the kids are older, but for now this is how it's supposed to be. And also Brycen and Ben are spitting images of Cade, Ben did get my eyes though, other than that they look just like their dad. Which makes me very happy and Braylon looks like my mom, she has Cade's eyes but otherwise she has my mother's features.

After our shower we watched a movie before falling asleep. Life was officially perfect, me, the kids, and

My mafia hero

The End

Author's note
-------------------
Thank you so much for reading my first ever book! I had so much fun writing this, I have other books planned for the future as well! I hoped you enjoyed reading and please leave comments and votes!

love, Kay❤️