✭XXVII✭

✦✦Fear is a Path to the Dark Side✦✦

Kit grunts as she adjusts the cuffs again, "Stop."

She tries to pry them open a little to give herself some room, "Kit," Mando says from beside her, she looks up raising a brow at him, "Stop."

"I can't believe I agreed to this." She huffs letting her hands drop back down to her sides.

Kit looks up at him when they see the amount of Stormtroopers surrounding the entrance, "Chain code."

"I have a gift for the boss."

"Chain code." He says a little more sternly.

Greef gets his ID card and passes it over with a sigh, "I'll give you 20 credits for the helmet." He says looking to Mando.

Greef chuckles and Cara has to a set a hand on Kit's arm to hold her back, "Not a chance. That's going on my wall."

"On your wall...?" Mando whispers.

"Go with it."

The Trooper hands back the ID card and they walk past, "Go ahead."

Kit clenches her jaw as she passes the Stormtroopers, they all stare at her as she walks beside the Mandalorian. "You said four. There are more than four troopers." Cara points out.

"Four guarding the client. Many more here in town," He sighs looking to the two 'prisoners', "Things got really heated once Mando crashed the safe house and these two took out half the people here."

"I'd do it again." Kit shrugs.

"Slip him his blaster." Cara says to Greef.

He shakes his head, "Not yet."

"Here we are." He pushes Mando inside and Cara grabs Kit's elbow to guide her inside, "You see...four."

Greef walks over to the Client and Cara tightens her grip when she feels Kit take a step towards him, "Look what I brought you. As promised."

He traces a hand over the Beskar armour, "What exquisite craftsmanship. It is amazing how beautiful Beskar can be when forged by its ancestral artisans. Can I offer you a libation to celebrate the closing of our shared narrative?"

"I would be obliged."

He points them to a table, "Please sit." As they sit in the booth, Cara standing behind them her hand still holding onto Kit, more Stormtroopers enter, "It is a shame that your people suffered so. Just as in this situation, it was all avoidable."

He turns to look at Kit as he speaks, "Why did Mandalore resist our expansion? The Empire improves every system it touches. Judge by any metric. Safety. Prosperity. Trade. Opportunity. Peace. Compare Imperial rule to what is happening now. Look outside. Is the world more peaceful since the revolution?"

"Mandalore resisted because we had the strength to, not because of pride." Kit growls.

"And how did that turn out, Princess?" He asks tilting his head, "I see nothing but death and chaos." He turns to look at the Crib beside them, "I would like to see the baby." He says firmly.

Greef places a hand on the crib to stop him, "Uh...it is asleep."

"We all will be quiet. Open the pram."

Kit moves slightly preparing to attack him if needed but a Stormtrooper walks over, interrupting, "Don't think me to be rude. I must take this call."

Mando loosens his cuffs and Greef slips him the blaster, "Princess?" Cara whispers to Kit.

She shrugs lightly tying to dodge around the question, "He's... creepy-?"

"This is bad. You said four." Cara says dropping the subject and turning to Greef and Mando in front of them.

He sighs looking around the room, "Well...there are more. What can I tell you?"

Kit looks over at the Client and opens her mouth to speak when suddenly the Client drops to the floor and blaster shots rain in on them, the Stormtroopers drop down as they get shot. They flip the table, all four of them diving over it as shot continue to fire around them.

Mando pulls Kit to him, his hand holding her head down as shots continue to smash things in the room.

Kit pulls off her cuffs as Greef hands her the blaster, she peeks over the top as the shots die down, Kit and Cara both run over to one side of the open window while Mando and Greef go to the other.

"Four Stormtroopers?" Cara asks looking at Greef as dozens of Stormtroopers leave a large train cart.

"Well, at least now we know that Karga can't count." Kit sighs.

She looks out at the Troopers, all of their guns trained on the tavern, "I have a bad feeling about this..."

"This is bad." Cara sighs watching the Troopers move around outside.

"This is bad." Kit said watching the Troopers from above.

Ben walked over to stand beside her, "Do not be afraid, young one, fear is a path to the dark side. Fear leads to hate, hate leads to pain, and pain leads to suffering."

She shook her head as she looked back to Han and Chewie who were arguing over something, something that was probably irrelevant to the whole mission, "We're never going to make it out of here."

She began to panic, worrying for the boy, Luke, they had helped in getting here, worrying for old man Ben who seemed way too clam for this situation, worrying for Han and Chewie, the two people who gave her a home, a life.

"I can sense your uneasiness." Ben said, watching as she checked her blaster for what must have been the twelfth time.

"I have a bad feeling about this."

"Trust in the Force," Ben said as he walked away, "Trust in the Force, and you shall be at ease."

"Kuiil, are you back to the ship yet?" Mando yells into the comms., "Are you there? Do you copy?"

"Yes!"

"Are you back to the ship yet?"

"Not yet."

Mando looks out at the amount of Imperials and turns back to the com link, "Get back to the ship and bail! Get the kid out of here. We're pinned down!"

A TIE fighter arrives, it flies in slowly coming to a stop as it lands in front of them, the door hisses and a man steps out. They watch as he walks forward, head high in the air as the Stormtroopers part for him.

"You have something I want."

Cara leans back against the wall as Kit peeks around the corner to look at the man, "Who is this guy?"

"You may think you have some idea of what you are in possession of," The man continues, "But you do not."

Mando looks back to comm link, "Kuiil, are you back to the ship yet? They're on to us. Kuiil, come in!"

"In a few moments, it will be mine-"

"Kuiil, do you copy?! Kuiil..."

"-It means more to me than you will ever know."

"Kuiil... Are you there? Come in, Kuiil! Kuiil, come in! Kuiil! Are you there? Do you copy! Kuiil! Kuiil!!"