First sights

FOURTH CHAPTER OF FRAGILE NOW

Rose fiddled with the strap of her backpack, being terrified of the castle grounds. She felt it was a maze and if she got lost she might disappear with a poof. Earlier being surrounded by her best friend she never noticed how scary can this castle could be if one lost their way. The anxiousness on her face was evident and it looked as if she was going to meltdown before a meek 'hello' left her mouth.

The mafia prince was raged, not only the little devil did not come but also left him to take care of god knows which spoiled child of a forsaken clan.

He of course had known about Aurora's best friend but could not help and think that no one was worthy enough to get closer to his precious sister. His entire life has been spent among these clans and he had never met a person who was devoid of greed, they wished for something or the other from him and it might be the same for Aurora yet since his parents approved he too had somewhat of a much better view of this 'best friend' than others.

The angry steps caused Rose to stiffen and look up at the balcony to see the man in complete black with dark ripped jeans and a shirt that was folded up to his biceps only to contract around it making her face flustered like a peach.

ARES

Aurora's brother

Mafia Prince

The person whose picture was shown to every clan to let them know the hierarchy of the rulers but that was not the only picture she had seen of his, not the only side she was made aware of.

He was a god.....her crush.

Before Rose realize that the man she was watching was not a mirage and could cry from nervousness, stormy irises locked with her warm honey ones and the steps halted making her freeze.

Real

He was infront of her.

He saw her...

Ares looked at the girl who he was sure was no older than thirteen, clutching her belongings close like a timid rabbit watching a scene unfold yet being hauntingly unaware of her charm and aura. She was adorable with wide fearful eyes that had a tinge of excitement, she was an angel.

A precious doll

It was like the air got knocked out of his lungs and he was left breathless when she took a step back as he slowly receded down the steps in a haze. The flowery dress made her look like a Disney princess that came straight out of a fairytale. Those tales of elves and fairies all coming to life.

She looked anywhere but at him when he walked toward her, his head bending down to look at her opalescent eyes which now watched his every step keenly. Ares could not tell why but he felt a sudden tinge of pain in his heart, such a precious person, and how come he thought bad of her.

"What is your name doll?" warmth spread bursting in each pore all the while filling it with a sugary sweet feeling when the frail princess relished in the deep voice of Ares.

He gently took her suitcases in one hand while the other palm left feathery touch on hers as he took her small palm leading her into the castle.

"Rose" she whispered biting her teeth into the red flesh of her supple lips, the man said absolutely nothing but smiled as his eyes twinkled.

The hallways were long and well furnished with high almighty ceilings, chandeliers pouring out light, they stopped infront of a door carved with turquoise flowers patterns.

"This will be your room princess, once you get settled down, please come to my room, we need to have a very important discussion." Ares pointed to the door beside her, indicating that it was his personal suite and the matter was serious.

Was it?

______________________________________

"Not to scare you Rose but you have broken the rules of the palace, even if I want I cannot exempt you from the punishment." Rose stiffened, she was not knowing that there were a set of etiquettes that one had to follow and thus did everything out of instinct.

"W-What did I do? What will I-I do now?"

"When you came inside, you did now bowed down your head infront of me so you have to do it now and then I can decide your punishment."

"p-punishment?" the girl got teary-eyed, she just got here and she actually managed to embarrass herself infront of her crush...

She bowed, soft black hair reflecting light, and the braids bounced down in the process, the heart of the mafia prince broke with how divine Rose was, she did not even challenge him.....that needs to be changed, she should bow to no one, listen to no one......not even him and do whatever she wished for.

His frame emerged closer as he pressed a very light kiss to her scalp making the girl gasp lightly while he arranged her small braids in the process, those luscious hair patterns left a silky texture of touch on his calloused palm.

His body moved away giving her space as the tears that previously gathered in those cocoa pools of innocence were forgotten. Rose hated people coming into her personal space but the way Ares did it, with those kind touches that were devoid of all malice and greed. The way he smiled at her so brightly....was this alright to do?

"What do you love doing in your leisure time?" Rose was in a flustered, dazed state when her mouth automatically replied.

"ballet" as soon as the word left the lips, her eyes widened. She just started learning!

"Then you will dance for me.....that's your punishment princess."

"I c-can't, I d-don't do it well." a palm patted her head softly making her break out from the fear.

"I will not judge you, Rose."

_________________________________
Now do you people love me or not?