CHAPTER 30: The Boss

SCOTT'S POV (Surprise!)

I am working for Mr. Rosen-Hower for more or less than 5 years.
I can tell you it is very very hard.
First he is a perfectionist. There should be no major mistakes at all or you'll face his wrath.
You need to anticipate what he needs. Everything should be neat and organize.
He never interact with his employees casually. He is a cold and serious person.
I've never seen him smile, never seen any female companion at all.

I am not gay but a man knows if a brother is so dang handsome we can appreciate that.

Shit if I have the same face as him I'll never get tired of looking in the mirror every minute. So I understood why most of his employees would like to work on this floor.

I don't think anything can penetrate his titanium like defense until HER.

Several months ago he called me in his office suddenly asking where are the documents that was printed in the 15th floor.

I gave it all to him and he remove all the sticky notes that was attach in every documents. He gave the documents back to me after and he kept the notes. Personally I did not bother to read what was written in those notes.

A few months later he decided to inspect the whole building.
Normally if he wants to conduct a surprise inspection he will notify me a week before so I can reschedule his meeting but this inspection is literally a "Surprise" one because even I his PA doesn't know anything about it.

The same thing happened in every inspection. He fired employees left and right. He reprimanded all managers and directors. For godsake he even check if there are dust on tables and other furnitures.

Stock rooms was inspected especially the cafeteria. That was the most amazing to him he values his employees. We are not required to have an overtime but if we really need too. we are paid handsomely. Food is available 24/7. He is very strict which is understandable but he never neglect his employees.

And then he acted unusually when we reach the 15th floor. He took a deep breath before the elevator door openened I don't know if it is from exhaustion or he is nervous. 

Mr. Rosen-Hower nervous? Impossible.

He is always compose in every situation. I never saw him nervous at all. When the stock market collapses he handled it very well as if our company is not in crisis.
As usual he checks everything.
And then he gets weird.
Since I am working for him for a long time I know if there is something wrong with him.

When we entered the printing room a female worker was sitting on the floor. I thought "shit another person that will get sacked." How wrong am I.

He stare at her for a moment and then he caught her attention by clearing his throat. This woman is obviously nervous when she saw that someone witness what she is doing. I am amaze that she can respond to our boss albeit weirdly but heck some of the employees including me can't even look at him in the eyes.

This is the first time that Mr. Rosen-Hower started a conversation with an employee willingly. He even told her to tell him if there is anything she needs! Is someone poisoning our boss? Why is he acting like this.
After that inspection his mood is suddenly lighter.