Chapter 22: Have I Done Something Wrong?

Epona' POV:

I made my way to my caring for magical creatures class. Harry hadn't talked to me, no one really did besides August and Phineas. Even Draco was avoiding me. What did I do? I had to have done something wrong, otherwise he wouldn't want to avoid me...

I saw Draco already outside and I waved, which I know he saw, because he turned his head away acting like he didn't. I pouted, and made my way down to the field. Hagrid told us we needed to take the skrewts for a walk because they were killing each other from all their pent up energy.

I found Draco begrudgingly walking his skrewt around. I caught up with him, and kept his pace no matter how fast he tried to speed up.

"I-I don't know what I did..." I started, "But I'm sorry. You can't avoid me forever,  you know." 

"I could try."

I stopped walking and took off my glove. He looked at me, his eyes widening, "What the fuck are you doing, Epona?"

"Either tell me what I did, or I lose my hand." I said, in a monotone.

He took the glove I had dropped and forced it back on to my hand, "Don't be stupid, Epona. You didn't do anything. I just..." He paused, thinking, "Thought you wanted some space to, you know, be with your boyfriend."

I felt him examine me carefully. I felt my body shudder when the word boyfriend come out of his mouth. I felt my whole body go numb. The woman continued in the head, telling me about how awful I was for not being happy someone likes me. She was right. I'm an ungrateful brat.

I smiled, "Nah. I like hanging out with you. I am allowed to have a life outside of my boyfriend, right?"

I saw Draco smirk. He ran his hand through his hair, "You're right. Just keep that mindset, Babe."

I felt my face get hot, "H-How do you know my middle name?"

He leaned in close to my ear and said, "Call it a hunch."

Warning; Manipulation, Verbal Abuse:

Nothing was fun. I was hated by more people than usual. Harry's in one big mood, Ron's in a similar big ass mood, the Slytherins are being their usual bitch selves, the Gryffindors think I'm trying to steal Harry's light or some shit, the Hufflepuffs hate me because I'm Harry's sister and I support him, and the Ravenclaws are jumping on the Hufflepuff Hate Honda.

It's Friday now, and I'm sitting in the hallway, hugging my knees avoiding going to Potions or an hour and a half. I saw a figure standing above me. I looked up to see Phineas.

I hadn't noticed the tears falling from my eyes until he said, "You're crying. What's wrong?"

"Everyone hates me. I-I don't know what I did." I responded, standing up shakily.

He scoffed, "Well, I mean, you are supporting your cheating brother. Obviously people won't think you're a good person. I don't blame them, especially with your reputation."

I felt my eyes widen, "W-What? P-Phineas, I-I thought you w-were supposed to s-sup-support me."

"Effie, look, your not exactly a stellar person. The only reason your not alone is because of me. You're so lucky I even consider you."

I looked down at my feet, my hands shaking,"I-I know it's just, I... Am I just stupid? Is this how things work? I don't understand anything-" I started rambling and he groaned and rubbed his temples.

He then yelled, "I can't talk to you when you're acting like this. Stop having your own little pity party and get over yourself. Can't you stop thinking about yourself for a change? God. Talk to me when you calm down." 

He stormed away and I felt my eyes sting from tears, I yelled, "I-I'm sorry!"

"i'm sorry...please come back...I'm sorry." I slid back down the wall my head in my knees.

I had skipped the first half of Potions. Apparently Snape had sent Hermione to come find me and bring me to class. She had taken me into the girls bathroom and put some make up on me. I was still shaking, and I could tell she didn't want to press me.

How dare I be so selfish as to worry others? I'm such a burden.

"Hey, you don't have to talk about it, but just know, I'm here for you, okay? So is Harry. And Ron. Whenever you want to talk, or if you need anything, just tell me." She put her hand on my arm  and all I did was nod.

Nothing really happened in Potions. Just some things to study. Snape didn't seem to bother me, nor anyone in the class. As much as Hermione tried to help, I don't think she changed my eyes from being red and bloodshot.

I didn't touch my food either. I'm not hungry. I haven't really been hungry lately. I'm probably just being dramatic. At least that's what the woman tells me. I feel bad for making Phineas mad at me. I know it was my fault. I shouldn't have said anything; I just stressed him out more.

I guess I forgot that he had problems too. 

I sat on my bed, most of my teachers excused me and told me to get some rest.

But I wasn't tired either. So i just stared out the dungeon window at the rain. Listening to it hit the window, and pulling Draco's sweatshirt around my body.

I...

I just want to be alone.