To beg like a dog

⚠️Disclaimer:⚠️
This story has been written by me and has not been copied plagiarized or stolen from any other story or from any other author. Any similarities are purely coincidental and all ideas seen are original originating from my mind.

Artemis
"Get your hands off of me!" I shouted angrily as the guards dragged me by my upper arm, through the hallways of the packhouse, through the dark, wet courtyard and to the dungeons. A cold desolated place, that reeked with death, blood, misery and despair.
The dungeons were put in place for traitors and wolves that commited crimes against the pack.

They would first be beaten, then thrown in here for as long as the Alpha says. The unlucky ones would die here and sometimes wolves who rebelled were also put in here. I neither rebelled, nor commited any crimes of treason against the pack, I simply opened my mouth and defended my wolf from the toxic words of those wishing to bring us down and humiliate us for their own entertainment and satisfaction.

The guards literally dragged me to the dungeons and tossed me into an empty cell where bones, fur and dried blood stains littered the floor and walls.
"You disrespected your Alpha and Luna. What do you think of yourself?" one of the guards sneered as he approached me with large silver chains dangling from his hands; his leather covered hands may I add.

"What do I think of myself? What do they think of themselves? They insulted my wolf! Am I so stupid as to stand around and allow that to happen?!" I shouted furiously.
The guards laughed at my outburst. Then they grabbed me by my arms and legs and attached the burning silver chains to my body.

I cried out as I felt the chains burn my skin. If my title hadn't been stripped from me and if I hadn't been made into an omega, the effects of the silver wouldn't have been as intense. But when I was made into an omega at the age of twelve, my title was stripped and I was just a regular wolf. The pain of the silver twice as painful.

It was excruciating, the burn of the dreadful silver chains. It made me wish I'd just kept my mouth shut, but I couldn't help myself. The guards stood and watched me suffer for about five minutes before they turned and left me in the cold, dark dungeons.

"Caroline are you okay?" I said urgently. Silver had a worse effect on Caroline than it did on me. For me it felt like a hundred knives pricking my skin. For her it felt like being burned by a thousand flames.
"Uhh. Artemis? Yes I'm fine, what about you?" she asked weakly.
"Oh Caro I'm so sorry for putting you through this. I never should've said anything to them. I'm so sorry, please forgive me," I said hoarsely.

"No Artemis. Don't you dare apologize! You did the right thing. For how long would we endure their hatred and abuse? Don't apologize, you were in the right," Caroline said.
I sighed and rested my back against the dungeon walls. It was almost midnight, I needed rest. Since Tali and Barbara had been relieved of their omega duties and promoted to Natalie's ladies in waiting, I had all the work to do. What joy.

I fell asleep after a few minutes with my back pressed against the wall and the silver chains on my wrists and ankles.
For how long I slept I'm not sure, but when I woke up, light was streaming in through the window and I was still in the dungeon. I yawned and moved to a sitting position and flinched immediately. The silver chains were still attached to my wrists and ankles and when I moved, they rubbed upwards and stung.

"Aww is the pretty little mutt uncomfortable?" a wicked female voice sneered. I looked up and was unsurprised to see Natalie standing there with Alec, my parents and the three guards. Tali and Barbara were nowhere to be seen.
"Good morning mutt. Did you sleep well?" my father asked with a smirk.

I looked to him and rolled my eyes inwardly. Since when did he care whether or not I slept well? Never.
"I slept as well as I could afford to," I said shortly.
"I'm glad. Now first things first. You insulted your future Alpha and Luna, you insulted me and you stepped out of line. You are going to get down on your hands and knees and you are going to beg our forgiveness," my father said.

"Beg are they serious? I'd rather starve to death than beg them for forgiveness," Caroline said disgustedly.
"Me too but what choice do we have," I said sadly.
"So are you going to apologize mutt? Or are we gonna have to beat an apology out of you?" Alec snapped.
"If I am about to be begging, I'll obviously need my hands and feet free," I retorted.

"Unlock her chains," my father commanded the guards.
When my chains were unlocked, I rubbed them for a few seconds to ease the burning sensation.
"Now beg!" Natalie hissed abrasively.
I was just about to say something when Alec grabbed my hair and pushed me to the ground.
"Natalie first. You dared to raise your voice to her, she's your future Luna and you insulted her! Beg her forgiveness," Alec growled.

"I made a mistake Luna, please forgive me. I had no intention of insulting you, it will never happen again," I said through clenched teeth.
"Do you accept her apology babe?" Alec said to Natalie.
"Yes I do snookums," Natalie purred making me cringe.

"Now apologize to Mom and Dad," Alec commanded as if I were a dog being reprimanded.
"Alpha, Luna, please forgive me. I made a mistake and I humbly ask you to forgive me," I said, my hands clasped and my head bowed in front of them.

"Never repeat this mistake again mutt. The only reason I'm letting you go is because the Shining Cosmos Gala is taking place tonight. Alpha Marcus has moved it closer than usual since he wants to find his mate. You'll be busy," father said as he and the rest of them turned and left the dungeon.

"Ughh I feel so filthy, let's take a shower and hunt something real quick for breakfast. I'm so hungry," Caroline said gloomily.
"Okay let's go," I replied.
I left the dungeon and limped through the courtyard still in my t-shirt and shorts. Several wolves stopped and stared at me.

Some laughed, some wrinkled their noses in disgust and others made faces at me.
Word of me disrespecting the Alpha must've gotten out. Typical. Who cares. It seems as though my entire life, people found joy and amusement in my predicaments and made it their own personal little joke. When I was abused and humiliated, they found it funny and taunted me. Ever since I was twelve. As I said before, who cares.