Burden: Leo's POV

Leo's POV:

I arrive home from work and it's just now 8pm. I walk towards the kitchen where I greet my brothers. Coles working on dinner. Apparently Jaxon is out grabbing him some onions and peppers for the stir fry he is making because he forgot to get some at the store earlier. Lijah is in his room probably playing video games. At least I assume he is anyways.

I sit down at the kitchen table and sigh heavily. To be honest I am exhausted. Works been crazy busy. I've been working overtime. Everything that has happened to and with Tess and the boys has been weighing down on me. Luckily Tessa seems to be doing much better. She's back at school. The boys and I are back at school and our jobs. Everything is going back to normal.

Cole: "be warned. Tessa's upset with Jaxon still. She hasn't come downstairs all day. I tried to get her out this morning but she refused. I haven't checked on her since. I wanted to give her some privacy".

Leo: "ughh okay. After dinner one of us should try to check on her and get her something to eat. Coras out of state visiting her parents so it has to be one of us. I don't know what Jaxon was thinking when he walked out with Candy but I never know what runs through any of my siblings heads when they do stupid stuff like that."

Cole: "wow. Thanks Leo."

I sit down and I know I should be working on emails and work but I need a breather for just a moment.
Screw it.
I open my laptop and log onto my work emails. There's so many I don't even know where to start. I refresh the page and decide to start at the top where there's a new email......
From Tessa....
I start reading and my eyes go wide. No... no this can't be...

Leo: "TESSA! Cole! get to Tessa's room now. She's trying to kill herself!!"

Jaxon runs in through the front door and runs upstairs in front of us with Cole and I hot on his tail to get to Tessa's room.

Jaxon: "Willl Called me and said Tessa might be hurt or something but there's something wrong. Tessa!! Tessa open up!"

Her doors locked. SHIT.

Leo: "Tessa open the door!! Bambina we need to come in and speak with you. Please let us in. Tessa!?"

No reply.

Cole: "screw this." And with that being said, he kicked open our sisters door.

I run into the room first and notice water leaking from under the bathroom door. No Tessa. I open the bathroom door and I instantly want the floor to immediately swallow me whole with the sight in front of me. I run to Tessa and turn off the tap water. I lift Tessa up out of the blood red water. And go back into her room and lay her on the bed. Jaxon is crying and Cole is rushing towards us with towels in his hands.
The cuts are deep. Each wrist. Two long and deep cuts. Her breathing is shallow. Heart rate slow. Her lips are turning a shade of blue-ish purple. My hearts shattering. Why her. Why would she do this. She wasn't a burden. She was never a burden or a problem. She makes my life so much happier and better. She is the light in all this darkness. I love all my siblings but she is my softness. My weak spot. My heart beats for her day in and day out. Always and forever. I'm whispering soothing words to her as Cole is trying to slow down the bleeding on her right arm and Jaxon is holding pressure her left.
In all this mess, lijah comes into Tessa's room and takes in what's happening. He immediately calls 911.
About five minutes later we hear the ambulance pull into the driveway and lijah runs downstairs to lead them up here.

Less then 20 minutes and we're now at the hospital. Tessa's in the back with the nurses and doctors. How. How could we end up here again with Tessa fighting for her life. Jaxon told us what William told him. She's being bullied. She's been in pain this whole time. I thought her therapist was helping her. I know she hasn't gone the past month because of school and she skipped her session this past week but she told me she didn't feel good. She has been planning on ending her life. I can't believe I didn't see the signs sooner. My sweet, sweet Tesoro. I love her so much. She can't die. She can't leave us. She just can't.
We've been waiting for an hour now. The doctor comes out. I jump up out of my seat.

Dr. Cook: "Tessa's guardian I'm assuming?"

Leo: "yes I'm her oldest brother and guardian. How is she?"

Dr. Cook: " she's stable. Stitches on both arms. The cuts were deep and she lost a lot of blood but we were able to stop it. She will be out of it for the next few hours but physically she will heal. Mentally I will have some recommendations on what to do as this was a suicide attempt"

Leo: "thank you doctor. I have already contacted her therapist who we will be meeting with as soon as possible and discussing medication possibilities with her. Thank you for saving her"

I was forever grateful. We all went into Tessa's room where she's Hooked up to wires and is passed out cold. She's pale and her lips have a little more pink color to them. Her arms are bandaged with heavy gauze and ace bandages. My heart is shattered. She could've died. I could've lost her. Thank goodness I didn't.