Chapter Fifty-Nine: Don't Be Sexist!

A couple of days afterwards, we were all hanging out at the living room of the base. Declan was once again trying to beat the final level of his video game. He was slowly getting better, the stitches on his shoulder were taken out and he was stupidly starting to lift weights with his arm, despite my threats of throwing them at him if he kept on doing that. But he knew I couldn't even lift one, so the threats were pointless. Jordan decided to mix things up and was eating some leftover pizza instead of the usual sandwich or chips. Bennett was just looking through a magazine, while I was sitting upside down on the couch with my legs propped up the back out of boredom. It was nice to see things at a different angle... upside down.

"So you're an official musketeer now," Bennett told me.

"Yup," I said, popping the p.

"How does it feel to be one?" Jordan asked.

I did an upside down shrug. "I don't feel any different. It's not like I evolved into a new stage."

Jordan and I high fived each other for the Pokemon reference.

"Maybe we should change that," Declan offered.

"Like what?"

We were all quiet for a long time.

"Ding!" Jordan said.

"What was that for?"

"That's my lightbulb idea sound," Jordan said before smiling. "I got an idea."

Old Time Rock and Roll by Bob Segar began to play. If you don't know what'll happen next, let me explain. In Tom Cruise's Risky Business, he danced to the song in his underwear, socks, and a pink dress shirt and was just rocking out. Of course Declan and Bennett were big sissies and wouldn't dress up-

"We aren't sissies," they said in unison.

"I have this thing called dignity," Declan said.

"And you should be happy I'm doing this in the first place," Bennett said.

Jordan and I on the other hand did. Besides all of us wearing white dress shirts, black sunglasses and socks, only Jordan and I were wearing white basketball shirts. At the beginning of the song, the guys all slid on the floor in unison. We had band hero equipment, so they while the drum set was in place for Declan while Bennett and Jordan were armed with the guitars. At the second beat I did the same thing as well with a microphone, but I ran too fast and slid right past them. Thankfully Jordan grabbed my shirt just in time before I crashed to the wall and I shuffled to place.

After that, we went all out.

"Just take those old records off the shelf!" We sang together. "I like to sit and listen to them by myself! New music ain't got the same soul! I like my old time rock and roll!

We just started playing around, rocking out to the music, most of all we were all just laughing at the stupidity and fun of this. We were practically bouncing off the walls as we did this, especially when the song was an extended remix of it. We all were singing to the song, off-key I might add, to it, but I didn't care, and neither did they. It was like we were just living the moment, having fun and not caring because we were having fun together. And that's what really matters, that we had fun together.

After the rock out session, we started playing cards. Declan showed me how to shuffle the cards in different ways to impress people. When we started to play, at first we started out with speed, but Jordan kept on losing and wanted to change the game.

"Let's play bullshizzle," Jordan offered.

"I never heard of that," Bennett said.

"Wait," Declan said. "Do mean bull-"