XV¤ Merek

A/N I changed Harold's name to Joseph. New readers, ignore xD

Dante hasn't asked me about Fredrick, is that a bad thing?

I drink more of the tea made by Frederick. It is still very good without blood mixed in it.

What I like about this house is that it's quiet. Sometimes it's boring not having visitors but now that we have visitors I want them to leave.

"What do you want?" I ask him.

"You look comfortable."

"I am." I reply in an uninterested manner.

"Young master, sire said to put on some pants. We have guest and it's rude." Fredrick appears with jeans in his hands.

"It's not as if I am nude. I am wearing Dante's shirt. It's big so I'm not showing anything."

"Young master."

The man laughs.

I turn to him. "What?" I ask a bit annoyed.

"What of what?"

"Don't play games, not with me." I warn him.

"How odd. You used to love games."

I narrow my eyes at him. "How do you know me?"

He glances at Fredrick. "Leave." I order him. He then leaves.

"My name is Merek Thorodan. When I was a child I got lost and found a cottage. I saw a boy reading in a corner inside that cottage. Same age as I with blonde hair and blue eyes. His clothes weren't the best but he wore them with pride.

He saw me and smiled but weakly. I could only see and speak with him through a cage-like-door. I could never enter the cottage and he could never leave. He was very wise and seemed to take away one's worries. All he did was listen.

One night I left to visit him. I found him being dragged out of the cottage. I screamed for him but he didn't listen. I fought them. I tried my hardest to get him back but I was weak when I was a child. I couldn't do anything to stop them from taking him. After that I never saw him ever again."

"They found out I spoke with you many times." I add. "They punished me for it. They took me far away and for years I was alone. Must be fate, to meet again, Merek. Now tell me, how are you a vampire?"

"I was about to ask the same question."

"Well I asked you first."

He chuckles. "I was made into a vampire by a witch and her spell."

"Did they lock you in a coffin?"

"No." He looks at me curiously.

"How did you end up with such a fate?"

"For years I looked for you. I interrogated an endless amount of people. My parents thought I needed time away from home so they sent me to the new world in a ship. The journey took 7 months. I stayed for 8 years. I gave up the search for you. I decided to make a life in the new world. One day I saw a young girl. She approached me and said things about my past. About the boy I met and looked for. She said if I wanted to see you again I had to take part in a spell. She seemed possessed but even so I agreed. In the end I never forgot about you. She made me into a vampire."

She must have been possessed by the old hag's spirit.

"What was it like? Becoming a vampire? " I ask.

"You would know. You are also one."

"I wish I knew. I woke up from my slumber a few months ago. I was simply hungry and when that hunger stopped I was just another thing on this earth."

"You were asleep?"

"I was fated to become a vampire the moment I was born. That was why I lived confined in a small room. I wasn't allowed to communicate with the outside world. People would come and talk their worries away but I could never talk back. There were few times where I did but still. When I was made into a vampire I was told I had to sleep and so they locked me in a coffin. It could only be opened from the inside so when I woke up I would simply get out with no struggle."

"Do you know why they did such a thing?"

"Turn me into a vampire or lock me in a coffin?" I ask in a playful manner.

"Both." He smiles.

"Something about a prophecy. I didn't pay attention and I didn't care. As for the coffin... well I am not sure."

I hear a clearing of a throat. I look at the door and see Fredrick leaning on the frame looking pale.

I reach for a glass of wine. "Fredrick come." I bite my wrist then I hover my wrist over the glass. My blood quickly fills it. I hand it to Fredrick.

"He is your creation?" Merek asks.

"Hm? No. He is still human but immortal." I tell him as I look at Fredrick drink my blood with so much need.

"Joseph." Merek calls and he appears.

"He is my nemirstīgs biedrs. Immortal companion."

"He is a human immortal?"

"Yes."

"Well look at this. Fredrick, you aren't the only one."

"Christopher." I hear Dante call.

"In the kitchen."

He walks in looking very comfortable. With sweats and a shirt that hugs his muscular body nicely.

"Good morning." I greet him.

He smiles and lifts my chin then gives me a sweet kiss on the lips. That was unexpected.

"Didn't I say you have to wear pants?"

"Yes but as I said before I am not showing anything because of the shirt's length."

He takes a seat next to me. I look at Merek and he seems strange.

"You two are a couple?" He asks.

Couple? Are we? I look at Dante.

"No, he is simply my pet." He smiles and I roll my eyes.

"What an odd way to put it." He comments.

"It's quite accurate actually." I add.

"I see..." Merek looks at us then at me.

"You cannot enter my mind, haven't you realized that already?" I ask him.

"You are the original vampire. I assumed as much."

"Then you should have 'assumed' that we are equal in strength and ability therefore, if you try to harm any living being in this household I will not hesitate to kill you." I threaten.

He smirks, "someone has become heartless over the centuries. That'll change."

I raise my brow at the last bit he added.

"If you do not mind, Lord Correth, we would like to lengthen our stay."

"I do not mind. Not at all." Dante answers.

I do not question his motives. I already know what he would say if I do. Hmm... well I very much like it here. I would want to be anywhere else.