Together

-The next morning-

-Y/N POV-

I slowly wake up, my eyes adjusting to the bright light.  I look around, and am immediately puzzled by the walls of the medical bay looking back at me, instead of my dorm walls.  Puzzled, I tried getting up, but an unforeseen mass kept me pinned down to the bed.  Looking down, I see that the unforeseen mass was in fact Caveira, fast asleep on top of me, using my chest as a pillow.  It was then I noticed my arm practically pinned under her.  At that point, it was completely numb, so I was fine with her sleeping on it longer.  I smiled at the sight before me.  She looked so...innocent.  Nothing of her right now represented the lead interrogator and overall scary killer of the team she usually was.  I smile to myself as I remember last night, and how she told me how she really felt after the incident at training. 

-the night before-

"Wait wait wait, hold up."  I put my hand up in a 'stop' gesture, Cav's words running through my brain.  "Huh?"  She sighed and rolled her eyes.

"Geez, boys are dumb as hell"  she muttered loud enough for me to hear.

"I'm right here"  I remind her.

"Hence why I said it so you could hear it"  she muttered again, but breaking into a smile.  "But I get it:  The big, badass brazilian killer/interrogation chick has feelings.  Shocker"  she smirked again, before looking away, smile fading.  It was my turn to sigh, as I got up from my chair, and sat down at the foot of her medical bed.  She instantly looked back at me, confusion on her face.

"Cav, I promise I wasn't trying to degrade you or anything.  I was stunned because, well, I felt the same way for a while now-"

"Oh I knew"  she shrugged.

"Wait, you did?"  I asked, jaw dropped.  She nodded.  "Since when?"

"...how long have you liked me?"  she smiled as I let out a whistle.

"Yeah, I'm not good with hiding feelings" I admitted.  Cav chuckled.

"It's fine.  Besides, until today, I really didn't want to start a relationship with anyone.  What you did for me today, putting your life at steak just so I didn't loose mine?  You've more than earned my heart."  she smiled.  I smiled back at her.

"I'll gladly accept it" I smiled.  Cav smirked.

"Good.  I really didn't want to use force"

"Wait...what?"

"Nothing" she chucked.  "Right now, you're staying right here."  With that, Cav clung onto my arm, making it clear she was not budging.  Sighing, I lay back on her bed, knowing Maverick will get the dorm room to himself tonight.  I definitely wasn't going anywhere.  I was fine with that, because a night with Cav would be a really good one.  So I thought.  As soon as I lay down, Cav climbed onto my chest, resting her head in my neck.

"Cav..." I breathed.  She looked up to me.

"Rule number one for dating me, idiota:  I'm in command.  And I say I'm staying like this all night.  Goodnight."  With that, she lay her head on my chest, and in a few minutes was out cold.  I took a second to recount my luck:  Caveira, my crush for a while, just told me she liked me back.  I smiled, wrapping my arm around her back, and promptly falling asleep.

-present time-

I feel her begin to stir on top of me.  I smile, and I look at her, only to have her looking right back at me with very tired eyes.

"M...morning" she mumbled before snuggling further into my chest.  I smiled at her, running my hand through her black mess of hair.

"Morning to you"  I said as she looked up at me, smiling.  "What?"