44.

Threat.

"You didn't need to come with me you know, I could've done this on my own." Ben chastised as Kyra and Alarion were walking with him from the school library and were headed to the incubus dorm. "No we had to be here, the incubus faction isn't exactly happy and in the best spirit, they almost killed one of the fae when they overfed." Alarion argued as he walked beside Ben.

"I guess you're right, come on let's get down to business, I can oversee their new schedule for now, I wish Connor had a second hand, this would've been so much easier." Ben groaned as they made their way into the lobby of the building. "I expected it to smell like sex in here." Kyra mumbled with a tease making Ben chuckle, and somehow he had expected it to. "It's not as if the angel dorm doesn't smell of arrogance." Ben added making Alarion groan instead. "Stop jabbing at my dorm please and let's go." The angel argued as he opened the door for Ben and Kyra.

"My what a gentleman." Kyra teased and Alarion winked at him. "What would I be if I didn't respect you." Alarion retorted as they found the next possible candidate to become the Incubus supreme. "You must be —." Ben exclaimed and the incubus raised his hand to stop him. "Not interested witches, and angel." The boy spoke before Ben or any of the others could say a word. "That doesn't matter, you were actually a second hand option, and a probationary if need arised." Alarion stated with a grin and Kyra muffled a laugh.

"So you came to what, insult me." The boy raised an eyebrow. "Not really I just needed someone to link me to this whole building, and I'm done." Ben announced as the residents of the building began filing out of their rooms to come to the lobby, and the open lower room where the incubus had been. "You used me!" The boy screeched. "Oh calm down, it was just a link, moving on." Kyra exclaimed amused by the incubus.

"Sorry to disturb you all, but its come to our attention that you all don't have any control over your feeding schedule, a fae first year was almost killed last night from four who had overfed, with no proper leadership there is chaos, so today we will be announcing the trial date for the incubus faction leadership, it will happen a day after the ball of monarchs!" Alarion announced as power roared in his voice, an authority the incubus could feel wash over them.

"All those who wish to participate are welcome, the council advisor Benjamin will oversee your feeding schedule for now until there is a leader, have a good day!" Kyra announced firmly and everyone moved away some grumbling to themselves and others already preparing for the battle royale. As the three moved away from where they stood heading outside pillars of light immediately engulfed them, they created a perfect barrier around them as they rotated clockwise.

"What the— what's wrong?" Ben questioned as his own magic poured out and his eyes glowed with power, Kyra now stood defensively near Ben power crackling all around him. "Kaiser." The witch supreme hissed as he looked at the current witch patriarch and king. "What do you want?" Alarion questioned as his aura made the ground beneath all of them break. "You ran away before we could see you my dear, so I thought today we wouldn't give you that option." Ameli replied her son sweetly but Alarion was brimming with hatred and anger.

"We want nothing to do with you, haven't you learned that already, or should I repeat what happened last time brother in law." Kyra stated with a wicked grin making Kaiser angry. "I'm not doing this." Ben mumbled as he held out his hand to open a portal. "Not so fast little brother." Kaiser smirked as he had trapped Ben and Alarion, this time they wouldn't be slippery and escape. "Kyra this is between me and my brother, keep a safe distance." The witch stated calmly knowing Kyra would argue but Ben had to keep him safe, engaging with him in a battle against Kaiser would've been dangerous though he hoped Kyra would understand the underlying message.