47.

Awkward Moments.

"You're quite lovely, I must say when my son defended his treasure I didn't expect it to be so alluring and beautiful." The dragon king complimented Paige who wanted to gag himself to death, this was not how he wanted to spend his afternoon, his supposed father inlaw shamelessly flirting with him in public.

It was too awkward and too weird, with the added staring he was making with his slitted serpent eyes it made Paige highly uncomfortable. "Uh, thank you, your grace." He replied with a slight chuckle hoping the dragon would get a hint that this was an awkward moment he didn't wish to be in. "Awakwaaaard." Carter sang as he passed by levitating several boxes behind him, of course Carter would pick up on it, the wendigo was highly perceptive of everything around him.

Paige pleaded with his eyes to be saved but when he looked at the dragon king staring at Carter like he hung the moon, he realized the man was just a lustful dragon, hence his own awkward moment. "I'm sure you want to talk to Lucian, he's around here somewhere." Paige offered as he looked for an escape route, he didn't want to be anywhere near the dragon king, he always had something up his sleeve.

"No, I was actually hoping to talk to you in private dear." The king sweetly mumbled and Paige sighed, he couldn't deny the king he was still a royal monarch and his mate's father, shortcomings and all. "You're too tense Paige, makes you seem defensive." Tate whispered in his ear before floating away due to Carter levitating him as well, this mare the siren facepalm, Paige led the king outside past the garden of heroes to the beach. "This seems private enough, what did you want to discuss?" Paige asserted as he stood a distance from the ocean which called to him.

"I wanted to inform you that as matriarch of the sirens, there will be need for an alliance between the dragons and the sirens, a show to this alliance would be a child most likely, or a wedding which is kind of low but okay as well, it will show the other royals that both our people are united." The dragon king explained and Paige sighed, when were the royals going to understand, he had no passion to be matriarch, it was a job he never really wanted, yet as much as he denied it, people still wanted him to be their ruler.

"Your grace you don't understand, Lucian and I have no interest in becoming the rulers of both species, you exiled your son and placed a replacement for him the moment he left, I was thrown out of my home by the nobles because my abilities were unstable, but when they hear of how powerful or how strong I am and can be as a leader they want me back, like nothing happened and I don't what that, neither of us do, so understand your grace, Lucian and I aren't going to go along with whatever plan you've concocted." Paige argued and the dragon seemed angry.

He lunged for Paige at the speed of sound, the siren was on his back under the dragon king who had his claws digging into his neck. "Listen here matriarch, if you don't do what I say, say goodbye to your bitch of a sister and that adopted baby brother, I will ruin you, accept my offer and make sure your little mate accepts as well or I will have to convince him by killing you, won't that be good." The dragon kill threatened as his forked tongue slithered on Paige's face.

The siren waved his hand and threw the king off him, when the dragon tumbled away he breathed fire toward Paige the moment he was upright, Paige moved his hands in a circular motion and a water barrier surrounded Paige when the fire met water steam rose into the air, the dragon king slipped into the steam as he made it intensify, he slithered around Paige and attacked from behind him, the siren turned right then as he felt the oncoming beast and screamed point blank.

It tossed the king away into the ocean with a huge explosion, Paige's eyes glazed purple, and waved his hands in an art form clearing the steam and fog away, he stood in attack stance as he felt the dragon king half shifted, just as he suspected the king burst out of the water with a loud roar, his wings beating strongly. "I underestimated you Paige sweetheart." He drawled but that didn't disarm Paige it only made him wait patiently for his opponent to strike, dragons were intelligent, more so than any creature, they were up there with witches, so going in guns blazing would be fatal for him, so he waited and calculated.