Falling - George Russell

This one was requested by shawnskatie.

This is also the 100th one shot I have written. Thank you everyone who read, voted, commented and requested so far. It means a lot to me and this book isn't finished yet! :)

🎄I also want to wish you all a merry Christmas. This holiday is going to be a different then we're used to, but I hope you all enjoy it! 🎄

'I brought pizza,' George smiled as he walked into the hotel room with two pizzas in his hands.

You turned around and looked at him. Even with his hair all messy, he still looked like the hottest guy on earth. But he was your best friend, and he was currently talking to another girl who he'd fancied. You two weren't just meant to be, and it sucked. 'Thanks,' you said as you grabbed a pizza from him.

'You okay?' George said down next to you on the balcony seat.

'I'm good. Just thinking about home.' Because of the COVID pandemic that was currently going on, you couldn't go home for Christmas. You had to travel to Australia, and then you needed to be in quarantine for two weeks. Christmas would be over then so what was the point in travelling all the way there? You would love to spend some time with your family, but currently, it just wasn't possible.

'I know it sucks. But my family is like your second family, so it will feel a bit like home,' George tried to cheer you up.

You nodded as you took a bite of your pizza. 'How is everything going with... Carmen was it, right?'

George nodded. 'Things are going pretty good. We can't see each other in person, but we have scheduled a quarantine date over FaceTime somewhere next week.'

'Cool.'

George nodded. 'She's really nice. I think the two of you would get along pretty well.'

'You think?'

'Yeah, she is really kind.'

Great. That was just lovely. You didn't say anything else about, and just when you wanted to change the subject, Aleix called George saying that he needed to be on the track soon. The two of you quickly finished your pizzas and then you made your way to the track, which wasn't far.

You made the mistake by bringing up Carmen because now George couldn't stop talking about her. She seemed like a lovely girl, but you didn't want to hear how he was falling for someone else, while you were falling for even more and more every day.

'Alright, what is your problem?' George asked.

'My problem?' You asked, confused.

'Yes, you bring up Carmen, and now you don't even listen to what I am saying.'

You rolled your eyes. 'It's nothing.'

'So there is something.'

George stopped walking and grabbed your wrist, so you stopped walking too.

'Hey! Let go.'

George let go of your wrist. Something was going on. He didn't understand why you didn't talk to him. You were best friends. 'Tell me,' he pushed you.

'I'm fine.'

'Obviously not. Why are you even here when you won't talk to me?'

'Because! Can't you see that I'm falling for you?' you yelled. You started in George in shock as you realised what you just said to him.

'You-.'

'Forget it, George,' you said, turned around and started to walk away from him.

'Wait! Y/N!' He rushed after you, stopped in front of you. 'You're falling for me?' He asked.

'Yeah... It wasn't my choice either,' you mumbled, and you looked down at the ground.

'Who said I didn't agree with it?'

You slowly tilted your head up. 'You agree with me?'

'Whenever I talk to another girl, I always think about you. How they're not the same. So Y/N, would you like to go out with me?' George asked.

A big smile curved on your lips. 'I would like that,' you smiled.