29 | the town

29 | THE TOWN

The next morning, Ahsoka wasted no time to begin to train Grogu

The next morning, Ahsoka wasted no time to begin to train Grogu. Celeste spectated Ahsoka as she stood before Grogu and asked him to retrieve a rock from her hand. "Let's see what knowledge is lurking inside that little mind of yours," Ahsoka picked up a rock off the mossy ground and used the force to float it over to Grogu who sat a few meters away from her on a rock.

"Now return the stone to me, Grogu," Ahsoka instructed.

"He doesn't understand," Mando commented to her as Grogu merely stared at the stone he had caught in his palms.

"He does," Ahsoka returned her attention to the child, "the stone, Grogu." She spoke more forcibly.

Grogu simply threw the stone on the ground, seemingly giving up. Ahsoka sighed and approached Grogu. She gently grasped his tiny hand and closed her eyes, sensing his emotions. "Much fear," Ahsoka noted to Din and Celeste.

Ahsoka stood before him and turned to Din and Celeste. "He's hidden his ability to survive over the years. Let's try something else. Come over here." Ahsoka ordered Celeste.

"I want to see if he will listen to you," Ahsoka mentioned as Celeste headed over toward her. Ahsoka placed a stone she picked up off the floor into Celeste's palm.

"Tell him to take it," Ahsoka instructed.

Cel nodded and held out her palm toward the kid. "Take the stone, baby," Celeste told Grogu.

Grogu made a sound that looked like he was interpreting her instruction as playtime, yet made no advances to take the stone from her. "Grogu, now," Celeste raised a brow at him.

Grogu lifted his ears at the sound of his voice. Still, to no avail. Celeste sighed and thought quickly of a way to get him to listen to her. As she did so, she stuffed her free hand in her pocket, warming her hand from the cool air around them. Just as her hand escaped the cold, she felt the small metal ball Grogu was playing within the ship earlier that she had put away. Celeste smirked, mischievously, knowing Grogu wouldn't resist trying to take that ball from her. She pulled out the shiny piece of metal and shot him a toothy smile. "Grogu..." she rolled the ball between two fingers, "I know you want it. Take it."

Grogu perked up, growing eager at the sight of the toy. His arms shot up into the air and he began whining for the ball. "No pouting, you take it," Celeste told him.

Grogu listened to her and used the Force to take it from her. Once in his clutches, Grogu stuck the ball into his mouth and began knawing on it. Din clasped his hands together. "Good job, kid!" He praised the kid, then sighed out in relief. He seemed anxious that the kid wouldn't pass this Jedi's trial.

"He's formed a strong attachment to you two," Ahsoka noted suddenly, "I cannot train him." She announced, folding her arms across her chest.

Celeste snapped her head over to Ahsoka. "What?!"