chapter 12 - He Knows

Saoirse's Pov

I ran, I ran so fast I forgot to get my handbag from my office and my car keys are in it. I'm currently on the 16th floor outside head office faking an illness to take the rest of the week off. I know its Johns final week but I will be visiting him weekly so he wont mind. Once I get clearence I ask joe could he run back up and grab my bag for me without been seen as Im to "weak" to move. I need to get out of this building fast. If I didnt have the kids to collect I would have left my car behind.

Once I have my bag in hand I make my way to the garage. As I close my door I see Eoin run towards me. I step on the peddle and speed out. I ring layla asking if we could stay with her for a few days knowning he will turn up at my house. I cant have the kids asking questions they are too smart not to figure it out. My parents are away so layla is our best opinion. She lives by herself in a 5 bed penthouse her daddy bought her years ago. Layla happily agrees before I even get to tell her what happened.

I drive around for abit before its time to collect my 3 and then head to laylas. They love her and her place as it has an indoor roof top pool. 1 guess where they run straight too after giving layla hugs and kisses.

Layla pours us both two glasses of wine as I explain all that happened so far including my mind going into shut down mode. Layla listens to me talk and talk and then asks one question "why did you push him away" I reply saying I dont like him that way and he cant know of the kids bla bla bla but she gives me that look to tells me Im just lying to myself and making excuses now. Then she says something that freezes me to the spot. "You like him Saoirse more than a boss. I remember you looking lost when you first arrived 4 years ago I thought you were just homesick but that turned out to be triplets 😁 but you still had a dullness about you but now your eyes are lighting up and I also agree with Keith what ypu are doing is hurting everyone around you. You are doing this for you only and by so you are stopping your kids from knowing their dad and you are putting your friendships in danger too". Im speechless thats not true no its not it's not. Is it.

Eoins Pov

She speeds out of the carpark like a F1 driver. Kissing me could not have been that bad there is more to this, there has to be. I ring my grandad and tell him I am needed at my company and that Saoirse is unwell and gone home before I jump in my car and drive to her place.

I pull up to find her car not there but an dark grey Audi R8 is parked in her drive. What the hell is this. Crap is it her boyfriends. Hes rich too. Fuck but I'm angry now and before I know it I'm knocking on her door. After a few seconds the door opens to reveal a woman I have never seen before. I quickly introduce myself as a friend from work and ask if Saoirse is home. The lady eyes me top to bottom before informing me Saoirse has left town for a few days with her kids and will be back in work next monday and kindly closed the door in my face. Ok that was rude but hell she actually left town. What in the hell is going on here and why is everyone so secretive. On its going to be a long week.

Third person pov

Monday rolls round and Saoirse arrives into work. She has already giving herself a prep talk and has decided to treat it as a new job and bury herself in work. As today been Eoins offical first day they are swamped in meetings which she is happy about. After the 3rd meeting this morning Eoin tries to get her attention for just two mins when he follows her to her office but just as she informs him that papers need printing for the 4th meeting her 3 babies come running out of the lift followed by a flushed layla. Layla explains the school had a small fire and couldnt get hold of Saoirse. The kids run straight to her. The little boy stares at Eoin intensely.

Eoin's Pov

Im frozen to the spot this boy looks like me when I was younger how did I not notice this before. One of his sisters turns and looks between us and then utters the words that made my heart stop "Kaiden you look the same as this man. He could be our daddy".