Into Enemy Lines

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓Fred Weasley┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛"HomeA place where I can goTo take this off my shouldersSomeone take me home"

┏━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┓
Fred Weasley
┗━━━✦❘༻༺❘✦━━━┛
"Home
A place where I can go
To take this off my shoulders
Someone take me
home"

•• ━━━━━ ••●•• ━━━━━ ••

Harry, Hermione and Ron were sat at the kitchen table waiting for Kreacher to return with Mundungus.

Nezz and I were upstairs in Remus's old room. She plucked one of his knitted sweaters from the wardrobe and smile warmly at it, like it brought her some kind of comfort.

I loved Remus but I hated him for what he'd done to her. Nezz was so broken without him. She had this look in her beautiful green eyes; a look that screamed hurt and betrayal. Remus had promised never to leave her and yet he'd walked out on her without a second glance. Remus was a good man but he'd left her scarred and hurt and I was never gonna let that go.

"Got everything you need, love?" I asked her with a small smile.

She folded the sweater neatly and packed it into her bag with a heavy sigh.

I approached her from behind, snaking my arms around her waist and resting my head on her shoulder. She turned her head to lock our lips in a gentle kiss. I hummed contently against her lips and she breathed a chuckle.

"Still wanna marry me, Weasley?" She mused with her lips twisted into a smirk as I swayed us slowly.

"Are you kidding? I love you, Nezz" I replied without thought, "I have no future if you're not in it" I told her truthfully-kissing the crook of her neck.

"Oh Freddie you're so good to me" she said dreamily, "do you have a ring?" She asked curiously.

I parted from her and got the ring that Mum gave me from my bag.

I paused when I stood back up to take in my fiancé's beauty: her dazzling green eyes sparkled with love, her cheeks were rosy and her skin was practically glowing as she grinned at me. I was so lucky to have her. Beautiful didn't seem enough of a word to express her as a person...she was art.

I sank on one knee, deciding someone as perfect as her needed a proper proposal.

"Nerezza Lilith Lupin-Black, will you do me the incredible honour of becoming my wife?" I asked, feeling tears prick at my eyes.

She sniffed happily and her eyes crinkled with her wide smile. She nodded rapidly and sank in front of me; I slipped the ring onto her finger and crashed my lips onto hers. I never thought that I'd love someone so much that the thoughts of being apart from the, was soul destroying.