Chapter Twenty-One: Hate

[MATURE CONTENT]

The next day, I woke up with my arm still in pain. It was just enough pain for me to manage. I wore long sleeves all day yesterday. I couldn't risk having people seeing my mark.

I hear loud knocking on my door from two people. I know exactly who they are. I quickly throw on Draco's hoodie before I get up and open the door. Behind the door, there's Victoria and Pansy standing there excitedly. They both give me hugs and run inside.

Of course I haven't told them, but I felt bad keeping a secret from them.

Especially one as big as this.

"You've been so quiet since yesterday." Pansy exclaims. I had to come up with an excuse. Maybe something about my dad? No he died when I was five, i couldn't tell them anything. Not about him. "I just don't like any of this talk about death eaters." I explain softly.

That wasn't the real reason. But it's true I hated talking about death eaters.

"Well I have something that might lighten the mood." Victoria smirks as she sits down softly on my bed. "Draco's coming back today."

Draco was coming today?

This was the perfect way to distract myself.

"Ok go away, I need to get dressed." I laugh. They both smile at each other before giving me a big hug and running out of the room. They acted completely different than they did yesterday. But so was I.

I get dressed in my school uniform and robe and head outside to meet my friends.

While I'm walking someone taps on the back of my shoulder. Intrigued, I turn around to find my face inches apart from Blaise. My breath starts to stutter and my heart beats faster. "Listen to me, Moon. What I did, it was horrible. I didn't mean to do any of that." He explained.

I didn't trust him or believe him.

"Blaise- I don't-"

He started to back away from you for no reason. "I didn't mean to bother you, I'm reckless when I'm drunk." He explained with his hands up in defense. I didn't care though, I couldn't trust him. Maybe I could forgive him, but it'll take some time.

"Back off." I hear a familiar voice say. Draco's. I hear him slowly walk behind me until he's right up against my back. "I didn't mean-"

"Leave, Blaise. I told you not to be around her again." Draco spat.

He really told him that?

Blaise let out a sigh before turning around and leaving. Draco turns me around slowly, looking down at me with no expression. I throw my arms around him and lay my head on his chest.

This time, he doesn't hug back.

"Are you ok? What's wrong?" I ask softly, pulling my arms away. My smile starts to fade into a frown. I can tell something is wrong but I don't know what. He seems so off right now. He was fine before he went to see his parents, maybe the urgent news were really bad.

"I'm fine." He said harshly.

Fine?

Whenever I say that I'm fine, I'm usually lying. Everyone is acting strange. Is it because of the death eaters? I think Draco's reason for the strange behavior has to do with something else.

"Oh." I respond softly.

He raises an eyebrow at me. "What's that supposed to mean?"

"It's nothing, I just thought you would be happy to see me that's all." I mutter. He looks at me with a blank look. He looked as if he had no emotions. "Forget it, it's fine. Let's go back to your room." I say softly. We both walk back to his room in silence. I decided to skip breakfast, it's not like I was very hungry anyways.