-ˋ 11

CHAPTER ELEVEN

-: seventh year :-

── IN WHICH SHE CALMS DOWN

. . .

James and Tiger sat there for longer than planned, and by the time Tiger was ready to talk about anything, it was at least an hour after dinner, a good few minutes spent just staring blankly at the floor.

"You ok?" James asked, the first two words spoken between them in a long time. There was a pause, the Potter boy's eyes glued to Tiger's still shaking figure.

She took a deep breath in, shoulders heaving. "I suppose so." She sighed, looking back at him, meeting his eyes. Her own were dry, any tears left to cry having dried up at least half an hour ago. "I don't think I will be properly ok for a while, but for now, I'm fine." 

"For now is fine." James said, holding out his arms once more and smiling when she moved into them, feeling her relax in his arms. "Is there anything I can do? Anything that you need to do?"

"I can't do anything about Leo." Tiger said, slowly. "There's nothing I can do, it's not like I can get him back in his grave or something." She laughed, but it was hollow, empty.

"At least you don't have to share a room with him this time." James replied, watching as Tiger pulled away, standing up and adjusting her uniform. "Unlike Olivia, at least Leo's all the way in Ravenclaw tower."

"I hope he gets all the questions wrong." Tiger commented, and James chuckled, following his girlfriend's actions and standing up, wrapping his arms around the girl's waist and slowly rotating them in a small circle, Tiger finally smiling properly.

"I'm sure he will. Honestly - how can someone who was stupid enough to fake his death and then end up in the same place as the one person who was most affected by their death." James looked like he was in disbelief, and Tiger didn't blame him.

He was the first one who Tiger had told the entire tragic tale to and actually had believed her. Anyone else who had been told had instantly accused her of lying. But James hadn't, he had trusted her when she said those four words that were so scary, so unbelievable.

And now, everything that she thought had happened on that fateful night was a lie. Everything that Tiger had endured because of it, the accusations, the grieving which didn't seem to end - it was all for nothing. 

She shook her head to herself, trying not to let herself think about it again, because it could only end in tears. "If Marlene doesn't want to see me-"

"You can stay with us." James instantly said, and Tiger smiled, the smile widening and blossoming fully as she felt James take her hand, squeezing it gently, reassuring her. 

"I hope she doesn't hate me." The Howell girl continued. "She was so happy when she was telling us about her new boyfriend, only for me to come along and ruin it all." 

"You didn't Tigs, I promise. How can she hate you when Leo is the one who lied to her." A muscle jumped in James's jaw, and Tiger had the feeling that he wasn't exactly the biggest fan of her once dead ex. 

She didn't blame him, obviously, considering just how things had played out and the things that she had gone through because of it. 

"True.. but I just.. I don't know. I feel like there might be something there that could have some resentment." Tiger watched as James extinguished the torches, a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

They exited the classroom, James locking the door behind them and slowly, they began to walk back to the classroom. "Are you going to tell McGonagall? Or maybe Dumbledore?" James asked, and a sigh escaped his girlfriend's lips.

"I don't know. I would've thought that considering they both supposedly knew aboutt the situation then they would know the name of the person I apparently killed." Tiger mumured, and with only their footsteps being heard in the corridor, James only had to bend down slightly so that he could hear her.

Realising her lack of volume would equate to James having an incredibly sore back, Tiger cleared her throat and conttinued. "Unless his parents applied for his place here under his other name, Luke." 

"I suppose that could work. I think maybe you should have a think about it." James expression was somewhat unreadable as they continued to walk. "Whether you let the school know is up to you, but it would be good of you to think about it first."

"I think I will do." Tiger wrapped the blanket tighter around her body and sighed happily as James placed an arm around her shoulders, pulling her closer to him. "They're going to ask so many questions." She looked mortified, and James paused for a moment, thinking quickly.

"Wait here, I'll go get you the invisibility cloak. I'll be right back." He said, making his way up the first moving staircase, leaving Tiger waiting, wrapped in her blanket.

Not at all ready to face the music.

a/n
merry christmas or
happy holidays if you don't 
celebrate !! <33