25 - motive,

"Do we have to?" Bambi groaned, throwing her head back. The gang all sat at the conference table, discussing tonight's move. Since the beginning of the meeting, Lotus kept shooting daggers in Boonie's direction. He tried his best to avoid eye contact with her, knowing she was aware of what he was trying to do.

"Yes Masiyah," Mid sighed, standing up straight. "It's the only way he gone meet up with us, which is understandable." he explained.

"I'm tired of you tryin' to accommodate everyone," she rolled her eyes, crossing her arms over her chest, sitting back in the chair. Mid sucked his teeth, and throw a toy basketball at her, causing her to hiss. "Ouch!"

"Stop fuckin' complaining. You know Junior always does business out of his club. We can't change that shit," he defended.

"And you don't see that as an issue?"

"Well fuck Masiyah, tell me how you really feel then!" he raised his voice, frowning. Bambi stared at him for a few seconds before looking away. "I'on see none of y'all muhfuckas doing anything to help me, the fuck. I gotta do everything round this bitch bruh, I'm tryna get this shit ova wit while y'all tryna do side jobs and shit!"

"I'ma have to agree wit' Mid on this one Bam, Junior ain't neva' gave us a reason to question his credibility, why now?" Jon Jon added his input.

Lotus sat up, folding her hands on the table, glaring in Boonie's direction again. "Maybe because folks change, and they'll do anything that'll benefit them at the end. Even if that means, crossing those who been there from the jump." she said, Boonie scoffed a laugh and waved her off.

"Exactly," Bambi agreed with her.

"Well stay home then," Mid shrugged,

"Shit muhfuckas tryin' to, but you bitching." Lotus rolled her eyes, as Santos chuckled, nudging her.

"A'ight now," Mid warned her, trying to keep himself from laughing. Lotus threw her hands up in surrender, as she sported a smirk on her face. She looked at the end of the table, and saw Tiny and Gotti staring at each other. She would blush as he simply grinned.

"Talkin' bout us doing side jobs and shit, nigga we only doing dat' cause you wanna be boolovin'." Boonie said.

Lotus quickly stood up and pulled her gun from her waist, pointing it at Boonie. Everyone else at the table quickly stood to their feet as well, with wide eyes. "Yeah that side job you called yo' self trying to include my father in, boy please don't piss me off today."

"You better shoot me too, pulling a gun out on me." he told her, Lotus cocked the gun and began to squeeze the trigger until Mid grabbed the gun from her. The gun went off, hitting the wall behind Boonie, barely missing him.

He uncocked it, and slid it into his waistband, giving Boonie an annoyed expression. "You know better than to tempt her." he said, grabbing Lotus's arm, pulling her out of the room.

He dragged Lotus down the hall to where his room was, and shut the door behind him. "Baby—"

"I am so fuckin' sick of him!"

"I understand that, but you can't be going around pulling guns on people. Learn how to control your temper man, that wasn't even called for—"

"Or what? You afraid I'ma get someone else killed? Tell me how you really feel Tedric," Lotus scoffed, trying to pass by him out the room.

He grabbed her wrist and pulled her back towards him. "No, you not boutta do that shit to me cause you know that I didn't mean it that way." he rested his hands around her waist. "You think I'm tellin' you this because I'm tryin' to belittle you? Make you feel bad?"